We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Thursday, December 28, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- It’s been a rainy day at Walt Disney World. With such poor weather, there weren’t many guests at Magic Kingdom, and only one security line has been operating at the Transportation and Ticket Center.
- There are two new additions to the Sunshine Seasons menu at EPCOT — a Honey Sugar Cookie and a Tropical Boba Juice — we gave both a try on a recent visit.
- Santa Claus may be back at the North Pole for the season, but Santa Goofy is happily still meeting guests inside the Odyssey Pavilion in EPCOT.
- Entertainment during the EPCOT International Festival of the Arts includes live art demonstrations. The Walt Disney World website now lists two of the featured artists that will participate this year and the dates that they will appear.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Disney Genie+ has sold out for Disney’s Hollywood Studios for the second day in a row.
- The new structure under construction on Grand Avenue in Disney’s Hollywood Studios is listed as the “Grand Avenue Coke Kiosk” in a Central Florida Tourism Oversight District database and Walt Disney Imagineering has filed a new permit for the kiosk.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Disney Genie+ Service has sold out for Disney’s Animal Kingdom for the first time ever today, December 28, 2023.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- The Chef Mickey’s breakfast and dinner menus have been updated with some options removed, some new ones added, and some just changed slightly.
- A new ball cap available at Walt Disney World Resort is embroidered with the four theme park icons. We picked up the cap in Frontier Trading Post at Magic Kingdom.
- They may not be sold at EPCOT, or even officially-licensed Disney merchandise, but there’s no denying that these Crocs look exactly like the exterior of Spaceship Earth.
- A new Loungefly R2-D2 ear headband is available at Walt Disney World. These sequined “Star Wars” ears first landed at Tomorrowland Launch Depot in Magic Kingdom.
- Calling all “Big Hero 6” fans! On a scale of 1 to 10, you’re might want to rate these new Baymax and Mochi items a solid 10.
- If the Evil Queen is your favorite villain, these wicked new poison apple ears at Walt Disney World will make all of your dreams come true.
- There’s brand-new Spirit Jersey at Walt Disney World, and this one is all about showing love to Cinderella Castle.
- “Luminous: The Symphony of Us,” has its own merch, perfect for fans of the newest nighttime spectacular to come to EPCOT. We spotted this new tote bag on a recent trip to the park.
- Celebrate the classic Mickey and Friends crew with this new Loungefly collection found at Walt Disney World.
Other Walt Disney World News
- After filing another lawsuit against the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District over their failure to turn over needed documents, Disney has filed a new Motion to Compel Discovery, asking the judge in the original state lawsuit to order the District to turn over the documents (“discovery”) within seven days.
- According to the Orange County Register, two Cast Members were injured during an overnight chemical spill at Disneyland that has since been cleaned up.
Entertainment and Media
- If you’re ringing in the New Year by watching “Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest,” you just may spot a bit of Disney magic.
- It was a big year for video games tied to some of our favorite franchises, as Steam reveals their best games of 2023.
WDW News Today
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!