After some large lights were malfunctioning yesterday in the giant EPCOT logo in the new World Celebration Gardens area at the park, today we saw that those same large lights are now broken.
Large Lights Already Busted in Giant EPCOT Logo
We reported yesterday that the brand new lighting elements in World Celebration Gardens at EPCOT had some lighting elements that were not functioning properly. Today, just two days after the area has opened, those large lights have been fully turned off or are broken.
Yesterday, the lights here were malfunctioning and lighting up with incorrect colors, just one day after this area opened to the public. When the entire logo was green, for example, the light in this patch of the EPCOT logo remained red. When the logo changed colors, the large lights in this section remained red. Normally, the lights are supposed to sync with the lights on Spaceship Earth.
Whether the large lights have been removed, fully turned off, or broken, the result in this area on day two of World Celebration Gardens is the same: the logo is incomplete due to this section not lighting up.
Did you get to see the large lights functioning with the logo lit up correctly on opening night, or are you still waiting for the kinks to get worked out in EPCOT’s lighting technology-heavy World Celebration before you visit? Let us know in the comments.
Coverage of New Experiences at EPCOT
It has been a busy week at EPCOT, with a new fireworks spectacular and a long-awaited reveal of the new World Celebration Gardens, a section of the park that has been closed for years while it was being reimagined. Check out all of our coverage of these events below:
- To celebrate the debut of “Luminous: The Story of Us” nighttime spectacular at EPCOT, a new merchandise collection has arrived at Walt Disney World Resort.
- The construction walls around World Celebration Gardens at EPCOT have come down, allowing guests to stroll through and explore this new section of the park.
- With the opening of World Celebration Gardens at EPCOT, a new park guidemap has been released featuring the area, and the My Disney Experience app has been updated to include the gardens on its map.
- With the grand opening of the World Celebration Gardens, a new background music loop composed by Pinar Toprak has debuted at EPCOT for the park’s entrance and the World Celebration neighborhood.
- Take a nighttime photo and video tour of the new World Celebration Gardens, complete with light-up pavement.
- With just a few weeks left in the year, Disney has officially confirmed that CommuniCore Hall and CommuniCore Plaza have been delayed until 2024.
- After months of anticipation, behind-the-scenes looks, and a delay past Disney’s actual 100th anniversary, “Luminous: The Symphony of Us” has finally premiered at EPCOT. Click here to see our full show video and photos.