We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Monday, January 8, 2024.
Walt Disney World
- Two navigational updates have come to EPCOT. Two paths are now closed, one permanently and one temporarily.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Basin White is currently closed at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. At this store, guests could purchase luxurious soaps, lotions, bath bombs, and more.
- New reports indicate that new “Celebration Crew” sweatshirts will soon replace Disney’s Spirit Jersey offerings, which are being phased out due to high costs.
- The latest Magic Kingdom Starbucks Stainless Steel Tumbler has arrived in the parks. We found it in the Emporium at the Magic Kingdom.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Ahead of this week’s launch of “Good to Go” Days, Walt Disney World has shared what these days will look like when planning your visit on the My Disney Experience mobile app.
- A new discounted ticket deal for Florida residents, the Disney Thrills Ticket, has just been announced.
- On January 1, a couple of the Disney100 medallions temporarily moved locations before being permanently removed. We’ve got a full list of every collectible medallion, including some with 2024 backgrounds.
- A new bill filed in the Florida House of Representatives proposes using the Orlando International Airport as a testing location for air taxis and other Advanced Air Mobility.
- The Florida Department of Transportation has begun to regulate the Walt Disney World Monorail system, eight months after Florida Governor Ron DeSantis signed a bill to allow inspections of the privately-owned transportation system.
- A new popcorn bucket and travel tumbler featuring art by Joey Chou are now available at venues across Disneyland.
- Disneyland Paris has debuted their new drone show, Disney Electrical Sky Parade as part of their Disney Symphony of Colors celebration. The new show features not only drones that light up the sky, but also shoot out smoke and pyrotechnics.
Disney Cruise Line
- On the first day of a Disney Cruise Line sailing, the ship’s upscale atrium restaurant will serve a special “welcome aboard” lunch menu. For our Alaska sailing on the Disney Wonder, this special menu was offered at Tiana’s Place, so we decided to give it a review.
WDW News Today
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!