Farewell details announced for Space Mountain at Tokyo Disneyland, 1900 Park Fare gets a reopening date — all this and more in today’s daily recap for Thursday, February 8, 2024.
Walt Disney World
- Scim and scaffolding have moved around again at Columbia Harbour House, revealing a sloppy replacement of generic exterior lamps.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- After a four-year-long closure, 1900 Park Fare at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa has set its reopening date.
- The Walt Disney Company has released a list of upcoming Disney Experiences projects through fiscal year 2026, including the new Disney Vacation Club tower at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort.
- Reservations for 1900 Park Fare will open on March 5, and details have been shared for its new character dining experience.
- Cast Members at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort are now handing out free stickers for the resort’s new Disney Vacation Club cabins.
- Two new Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind pins feature Spaceship Earth, and are available now at Walt Disney World.
Other Walt Disney World News
- A YouTube channel has uploaded police body camera footage of a man being trespassed and later arrested at Walt Disney World after slapping a female Disney Cast Member on her rear end.
- A reopening date has been announced for Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon water park, which is also the day that Disney’s Blizzard Beach will begin its seasonal closure.
- To celebrate 23 years of Disney California Adventure, we’re taking a look back at the parks many renovations and changes over the years.
- The new Magic Key-exclusive Stitch Straw Clip for Valentine’s Day is now available at Disneyland Resort.
- Disneyland Resort has released a new collection of Cast Member name tag-inspired pins featuring The Haunted Mansion and more.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- Tokyo Disney Resort has announced new details for its “Celebrating Space Mountain: The Final Ignition” event, honoring the current version of the attraction before it closes permanently this summer.
The Walt Disney Company
- Following the release of Disney’s Q1 FY23 earnings report on Wednesday, the company’s stock price jumped over 12 percent to its highest price in a year.
WDW News Today
- Tonight, don’t miss the internet’s only comedy show about Disney Parks! it’s WDW News Tonight! Join us at 9 p.m. ET for a recap of the latest news, rejected world of Universal’s new Epic Universe theme park, WDWNT: The Price is Right, and more!
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!