In this week’s edition of ‘This Week in Disney History’, we will explore some of the milestones from April 10th-April 16th that helped shape and form the Walt Disney Company as it exists today.
This Week in Disney History: April 10th-April 19th
- On April 10th, 1984, the famous Actress& Singer Mandy Moore was born in Nashua, New Hampshire. She is the voice behind Rapunzel in Tangled, Tangled Ever After, Tangled Before Ever After, and Tangled the Series. She was also the voice of Nita in Brother Bear 2.
- On April 11th, 2006, Winnie the Pooh celebrated his 80th birthday as well as receiving the 2,308th star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- On April 12th, 1992, the Disneyland Resort Paris, at that time was called the Euro Disney Resort, held its grand opening to guests. Only 50,000 guests were admitted into the park that day due to riots. Many of the French people felt that their culture was going to be damaged by the park.
- On April 13th, 2015, the Boathouse at Disney Springs officially opened to the public. As of this year they are 2 years old.
- On April 14th, 2008, one of Walt’s “Nine Old Men”, Ollie Johnston, passed away.
- On April 15th, 1971, the construction of the WDW Monorail System was officially completed.
- On April 16th, 2001, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge officially opened to the public.
“It’s not hard to make decisions when you know what your values are.” -Roy Disney
I don’t know about you, but there are times when planning a Disney vacation can be overwhelming! There are so many options, where to stay, when to go, is this the best price. So, I want to introduce you all to Cindy Minor and the team at Small World Big Fun. They will help you plan your Disney vacation for FREE. Contact them today!