Because Millennial Pink is so 2018. Purple is definitely this year’s it color. Between the highly-popular Potion Purple ears and already popular cupcakes inspired by those ears, we’d thought we’d seen it all… but wait, there’s more! Check out all the purple treats to be had at the Disney Parks this year:
Walt Disney World:
- Purple Cake on a Stick – Magic Kingdom Castle Hub Cart: Fairly self-explanatory. This will be a Minnie-shaped blackberry cake on a stick, topped with a chocolate bow and coated in purple chocolate. (Note that this item won’t be available until January 11th.)
- Purple Wall Cotton Candy – Purple Wall Cart, Tomorrowland: Not new, but we’re happy to see the return of this treat!
- Purple Starry Sky Cake – Disney’s All-Star Resorts Food Courts: Purple chocolate mousse, chocolate sponge, and dark chocolate with a glittery galaxy glaze, topped with star sprinkles.
- Purple Galaxy Cupcake – Disney’s Art of Animation and Pop Century Resort Food Courts: Chocolate cupcake filled with raspberry marmalade and topped with vanilla buttercream, galaxy glitter, crispy pearls, and chocolate ears! Check out our review of this cupcake!
- African Violet Cupcake – The Mara at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge: Vanilla cupcake with berry medley preserves, topped with chocolate buttercream.
- Purple Contempo Cupcake – Contempo Café at Disney’s Contemporary Resort: Strawberry cupcake filled with purple sprinkles, topped with lavender buttercream and purple Minnie ears. We tried this cupcake as well and it’s as amazing as it looks!
- Purple Minnie Cupcake – Capt. Cook’s/Kona Coffee Bar at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort: Vanilla cupcake filled with peanut butter and raspberry jam, topped with purple buttercream. So extra.
- Purple Cupcake – Disney’s Port Orleans Resort Food Courts: Vanilla cupcake stuffed with cotton candy, topped with cotton candy buttercream, chocolate glitter ears, and shimmer chocolate crispy pearls.
- Purple Blackberry Mousse Brownie – Roaring Fork at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resort: A rich, decadent brownie with blackberry mousse and purple Minnie ears!
- Black Raspberry Lemon Tart – Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resort Marketplaces: Sweet sugar tart shell filled with black raspberry-lemon curd topped with black raspberry mousse, glacage, chocolate Mickey ears, buttercream, and sugar crispy pearls.
- Purple Glove Macaron – Disneyland Park, Jolly Holiday Bakery Café; Disney California Adventure Park, Clarabelle’s Hand Scooped Ice Cream/Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Café: With blackberry and currant buttercream and blackberry-currant jam center.
- Purple Rose – Disneyland Park, Red Rose Taverne: Blueberry mousse with blackberry, currant, and lemon center.
- Lavender Milk Tea – Disneyland Park, Red Rose Taverne: With lemon boba, purple whipped cream, and lavender sugar.
- Purple Fish Tacos – Disneyland Park, Rancho del Zocalo: Baja-style fish tacos with purple cabbage slaw and spicy lime aïoli served with a side of blue corn chips.
- Jamaica Freeze – Disneyland Park, Rancho del Zocalo: With candied hibiscus flowers. Note that this item will be available starting January 18th.
- Purple Churro – Disneyland Park, Critter Country: With purple sugar topping.
- Taro Pancakes – Disneyland Park, River Belle Terrace: With purple Chantilly cream and crème anglaise.
- Jungle Julep – Disneyland Park, Bengal Barbecue: Pineapple, orange, grape, and lemon slush.
- Berry Berry Purple Cobbler – Disney California Adventure Park, Lamplight Lounge: With blueberry cream cheese ice cream and topped with purple berry drizzle.
- Purple Cake Pop – Disneyland Resort, Candy Palace, Pooh Corner, Trolley Treats, Marceline’s Confectionery:
Chocolate cake pop with dark chocolate Mickey ears dipped in raspberry white chocolate.
(I’m forecasting teal for 2020. Just sayin’.)