Welcome to a Marketplace Booth review for the 2019 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, taking place in the park from August 29 to November 23, 2019. This review will cover the Refreshment Outpost kiosk located in the just over the drawbridge in the World Showcase. This is a one-stop shop for refreshing beverages during the 2019 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival. (Note that the menu prices do not include tax!)
For our complete coverage of the 2019 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, head to our festival landing page here.
Refreshment Outpost at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival 2019
Menu for Refreshment Outpost at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Nigerian Meat Pie – $5.49
- No Worries Panna Cotta: Raspberry, Papaya, and Mango Panna Cotta with a Cookie Crumble Base topped with a Lion King White Chocolate – $4.49
- Savannah Smoothie: Coconut Milk, Agave, and Amarula Cream Liqueur – $11.25
Photos of Menu Items for Refreshment Outpost at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
Nigerian Meat Pie – $5.49
The meat pie was very flaky and served hot, thankfully. The exterior texture is much like an empanada, made with pastry dough. The flavors here are strong, but not spicy at all. I think I even tasted some cinnamon and turmeric in there. Even then, the flavors are balanced and not overwhelming. The filling, if you’re curious, is comprised of ground beef, minced onions, and even apricot paste. (But trust me, it works. Think of like, a mango chutney…) Overall, we really enjoyed it. I’d say it’s a winner, but I doubt kids would like it due to some of the newer, out-there flavors. It’s still a very solid snack or light lunch option, and a unique one at that.
No Worries Panna Cotta: Raspberry, Papaya, and Mango Panna Cotta with a Cookie Crumble Base topped with a Lion King White Chocolate – $4.49
This dessert looks nicer than it has any right to, with a Lion King chocolate topper and pretty hues of pink and yellow. That being said, raspberry and mango are the strongest flavors in this dessert. It’s pretty sweet, but not overly so, with a very smooth taste. The texture here is very similar to pudding, with cookie crumbles on the bottom to break up the monotony. We’d definitely get this dessert again as it’s surprisingly good. While the portion size is akin to that of a festival dessert (i.e. somewhat small), the prices aren’t bad for how much flavor you’re getting. We’d say both these new items are winners.
Savannah Smoothie: Coconut Milk, Agave, and Amarula Cream Liqueur –$11.25
We believe this drink is the best thing at this booth right now, even though the price is incredibly high. The smoothie has a texture of a frappuccino and it’s very creamy with a hint of coconut and cinnamon flavor. We had a hard time finding the alcohol in this one, though with it being a liquor we aren’t surprised. Our only issue is the size of this drink, it’s very small for a whopping $11.25, though we can’t find it in ourselves to tell you to pass this drink up. It’s very good. There’s also a kid friendly version (non-alcoholic) that can be purchased for $5.69.
Location of Refreshment Outpost at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
Refreshment Outpost is located on the World Showcase promenade, just over the drawbridge from China. Refreshment Outpost is Number 17 on the map below.
- REVIEW: New Nigerian Meat Pie and No Worries Panna Cotta at Refreshment Outpost in Epcot
- All of our 2019 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival coverage is available from our landing page at https://wdwnt.wine!
- Previous coverage:
- REVIEW: Refreshment Outpost at Epcot International Food & Wine Festival 2018
- REVIEW: Refreshment Outpost Kiosk – Epcot International Festival of the Arts 2019
- REVIEW: “Refreshment Outpost” Food Studio – Epcot International Festival of the Arts 2018
- PHOTO REPORT: Epcot 6/8/16 (Frozen Ever After, Margaritas Return, Frozen Coke with Alcohol, ETC.)