Walt Disney World Bell Services No Longer Holding Third-Party Deliveries of Strollers, Mobility Aids, or Groceries For Resort Guests

UPDATE: Garden Grocer has confirmed that grocery delivery services will not be affected by this policy change. Click here for the latest update to this story.

For those of you who enjoy the convenience of using Instacart or Amazon Prime to deliver groceries and other last-minute necessities (lookin’ at you, phone chargers) to your Disney resort hotel room, as well as essentials like strollers and ECVs or other mobility devices, you will now have to budget in additional vacation time to retrieve your goods, as Resort Bell Services is no longer holding goods for guest pick-up or in-room delivery. Drop-off or pick-up of items prior or after guest arrival will also no longer be permitted.

This marks a change from the previous handling fees implemented earlier this year. In fact, the Mail Services tab on the Walt Disney World Resort website still states the following:

Until now, the only way to avoid incurring a fee was by meeting your delivery person or courier at the lobby or out front. Now it’s the only way to retrieve your goods, as no holds or drop-off courtesies will be permitted.

Before the recent and earlier changes this year, only mailed packages received at the front desk would incur a $5 handling fee.

Will this affect your tendency to “order in” at your resort hotel, given that you now have to allot time to meet with your third-party delivery person?

Given the greater popularity of grocery and package delivery in recent years, it’s strange to see so much pushback from resorts, but it could be becoming too much for Bell Services staff to take on in addition to luggage. Sound off in the comments below.

Kimberly A Yeaton
Kimberly A Yeaton
8 months ago

Wow, that’s really unfortunate. I use grocery delivery every time I go, as a DVC guest it makes the most sense for me. I’m curious what prompted this change as there are entire companies dedicated to delivery at Disney.

Alline
Alline
8 months ago

I believe that if every guest decides to have groceries delivered they wouldn’t have enough space to accommodate or even maybe not want to pay someone to take care and control in and out goods…

Lisa
Lisa
Reply to  Alline

I agree, why should they HAVE to take care of guests third party orders. They didn’t get these things FROM disney.

Frontierland Dan
Frontierland Dan
8 months ago

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Disney start to offer their own service to replace this. Similar to, or connected with the Mini Van services.

Courtney Shook
Courtney Shook
8 months ago

This is disgraceful. It just seems like they’re taking away more of the quality and service that distinguishes Disney from other hotel properties.

Brian Van Ness
Brian Van Ness
8 months ago

Disney doesn’t make money on guests ordering anything from off property, so they won’t assist in what doesn’t profit them anymore.

Brian
Brian
8 months ago

Honestly I’m not surprised. The amount of things that the hotel is expected to accept and store for people now is crazy. I don’t hate it.

RebeccaMcK
RebeccaMcK
8 months ago

WDW resorts should start their own delivery service, then, with regards to essentials like ECVs and strollers (essential to some, rather) – because people rented them from third parties since they were CHEAPER that way (per day/week, and they could use them outside of the parks that way)…..so if they had their OWN ECV and stroller rental service (wheelchairs, too) that could deliver the items to the guests’ rooms (if Bell Services can’t handle this) they should make them affordable, too. Price the other companies out of the market if they want to be exclusive. I don’t even want to… Read more »

Ashlee M
Ashlee M
8 months ago

So, those of us who drive out of state and can’t fit the mobility device in the rental car lose out on the convenience of having it delivered to the resort AFTER we make reservations a year in advance….. Seems fair! Disney is really hurting their guests with this one.

John
John
8 months ago

Wow, I just got back from WDW on Sunday and used Amazon Prime Now delivery just fine with bell services holding it for us. What a Shane as it was so handy.

SimonC
SimonC
8 months ago

Absolutely ridiculous!. Disney is becoming less helpful and more into seeing what their bottom line is. I was fortunate enough to be able to travel to DW twice last year from South Africa with my sister and her family. From leaving home to arriving at DW its a very long 30 hour+ trip. To make things easier I ordered things from Amazon, like some clothing to wear there, shoes, even things like toothpaste, sun block and some snack items. I also bought autograph books for my 2 special needs nieces as well as a packet of Disney pins. What are… Read more »

Dough Flutie
Dough Flutie
8 months ago

Seems actually reasonable. It’s a hotel not a storage facility and they should be under no obligation to hold your stuff being delivered

Tom Hamilton
Tom Hamilton
8 months ago

So let me see if I understand this correctly, I can’t get a mobility cart for my aged mother dropped off at my WDW resort unless I am physically there to receive it myself. That is going to be exceptionally challenging if my flight is delayed or I’m coming in past the time the mobility company is open. I would rent these devices from Disney directly but, oh yes, I can’t because they only rent them on a daily basis in the parks. The resorts have such a large footprint that I will have to figure out how to get… Read more »

Lisa
Lisa
Reply to  Tom Hamilton

We are using walker mobility. They require you to be there because they drop it right off to your room and the same with pick up. We are having them come a few hours after our flight lands just to be sure and having them pick up the night before we leave. So convenient.

Cutie Patootie
Cutie Patootie
8 months ago

You mention strollers; does this mean that Kingdom Strollers will no longer be available for pickup on arrival at the hotel?

A guest
A guest
Reply to  Cutie Patootie

Unless they develop a way to have you pick up from them in the lobby, that’s correct. As the article states, Disney will no longer accept deliveries and hold things for you. Strollers, ECVs, groceries etc.

Meagan Johnson
Meagan Johnson
Reply to  Cutie Patootie

You will have to meet the strille company. No more picking up from bell services

Tyler Edwards
Tyler Edwards
8 months ago

So for Disney Vacation Members staying in the villas, what is the best way to get groceries? I heard that Disney was offering their own grocery shopping option? Is that just a rumor or is it a real thing?

Curious because we are staying in a one bedroom villa for 8 days and planned on cooking breakfast and lunch in the kitchen at the hotel for a change!

Sandi
Sandi
Reply to  Tyler Edwards

Where are you staying? We stayed at both Animal Kingdom Lodge & Saratoga Springs last year & bought groceries for both. We called an Uber & went to walmart- only $7/drive.

Kat
Kat
Reply to  Tyler Edwards

Its a real thing. We have done it advantage is the food comes right to you in your room. but we found we rather uber to the walmart tograb our groceries and some sovenners. It was too limited of a selection for us for food. It was $15 each way. So thats what we did on arrival day.

Katie
Katie
Reply to  Tyler Edwards

Yes there is a formulary that you can order from for DVC members and it will be delivered and unpacked and put away in your room for your arrival

Tara
Tara
Reply to  Tyler Edwards

They always have, but’s it’s literally just what’s available at the resort store and an additional cost is added and they bring it to your room.

Marze
Marze
Reply to  Tyler Edwards

Disney already had/ has a grocery site, but when you overcharge for a jar of jelly, or a loaf of white bread etc. No one wants to use it. We have used a Local family owned service before, it was WAY more reasonable and they even brought our beloved Raspberry Delight from Publix for my birthday. I guess from now on, being that I am local, ( 2 hours away) I will plan on taking the time to shop for fresh items on our way there…and when my daughter flies in, I guess I will have to drive out and… Read more »

Paula
Paula
Reply to  Tyler Edwards

You just have to be there to receive the delivery. I’m guessing they don’t have unlimited storage and can’t handle holding all the deliveries. It’s not rocket science.

Passholder1
Passholder1
Reply to  Paula

As well as assuming the liability

lisa
lisa
8 months ago

I can understand items like groceries but I think strollers and wheelchairs should still be able to be held

Angela
Angela
8 months ago

Hi there. We are heading there this weekend and will be landing early Sunday morning so we won’t be able to check in. Are we still able to use bell services to keep our luggage/car seat until we can check in?

Jen
Jen
Reply to  Angela

That sounds like the actual function of Bell services, so my guess is yes. This is in regards to outside deliveries being held.

Kat
Kat
Reply to  Angela

Yes thats not changing whats changing is people ordering things to the hotel and expecting them to be held at bell service. Bell service is there to hold guests luggage/srollers/carseats when there room isnt ready yet. Or to be held the day of departure if they have a later flight.

Deb
Deb
Reply to  Angela

If you are flying in and use the Magical Express you can use the luggage tags Disney provides and all will be delivered to your room. If you don’t have them, I believe you can get them at the airport after you pick up your luggage.

Tara
Tara
Reply to  Angela

Jen P.
Jen P.
Reply to  Angela

Side note always try to check in when you arrive, you can pre-register and if they have a room that’s clean and ready they will give you keys, no matter what time it is, if it’s not ready they can text you once it is.

CLM
CLM
8 months ago

This is a huge blow to the stroller/scooter rental agencies and an even bigger pain for guests who depend on those services.

David H Schroeder
David H Schroeder
8 months ago

I wonder…. if I do a “split stay” between two Disney resorts, will Bell Services still take care of our luggage and deliver it from Resort A to Resort B?

Kat
Kat
8 months ago

Yes as that is part of bell services job. It is the guests luggage not coming from a third party not staying at disney.

Paula
Paula
8 months ago

Yes I just asked this. It’s outside deliveries that are affected.

CLIFFORD Brock
CLIFFORD Brock
8 months ago

Where has the legendary Customer Service of Disney gone? Answer: they cant monetize it. Even the toilet paper at the resorts is cheap. pay 2–+ Dollars a night for a room, and have to bring your own TP to go to the bathroom in comfort. WDW’s money grabs is why my family and I have stopped going.

Patrice Finn
Patrice Finn
8 months ago

I gave a evc to use while I am at Disney. Even going from the parking a lot to the front gates of the parks would be difficult. This is upsetting. My chair was never delivered just held at the desk and I would pick it up. Not happy Disney.

Kathy M
Kathy M
8 months ago

This will make it quite inconvenient for the folks needing ECV’s or wheelchairs. That’s a darn shame they’ve discontinued that service.

Laura Dean
Laura Dean
8 months ago

I have a feeling, with how fussy people can be today, that mistakenly un-refrigerated groceries, or the delivery service delivering the incorrect item was being taken out on Bell Services. I am happy if my luggage off of the Magical Express makes it to the correct room on time. Likely so many deliveries were happening that staff was overwhelmed with the extra work.

Jen
Jen
Reply to  Laura Dean

I agree! Or maybe someone’s food “went bad” didn’t stay cold enough and said person got sick. Then sued Disney. I think the mobility scooters is very bad. Unless things were supposed to be dropped off and weren’t, wrong item showed up…. etc. I’m sure guests expected Disney staff to call & fix since they received the mobility devices. Or maybe staff was accused of giving wrong rentals to people. It honestly sucks but if you think of almost any other hotel they probably don’t do these things. The amount of people having the services delivered probably overwhelmed the staff.… Read more »