BREAKING: Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run to Offer FastPass+ Starting February 19; FastPass+ Possibly Coming to Rise of the Resistance at Disney’s Hollywood Studios

Last updated:

Attention Star Wars fans! Guests can now reserve access to fly the “fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy” at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios!

FastPass+ reservations for Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run are available in the My Disney Experience app for those planning visits on or after Feb. 19.

Similar to other theme park offerings, when making FastPass+ plans for Disney’s Hollywood Studios, guests can select between either Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run or Slinky Dog Dash (pending availability). Then, they can add additional experiences to plans, including Toy Story Mania, Alien Swirling Saucers, Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, Fantasmic! and more.

Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run combines immersive storytelling with interactive gameplay and makes guests the protagonist of their own Star Wars adventure! When it’s time for the mission to begin, guests will be assigned one of three critical roles: Pilots, Gunners and Flight Engineers. The goal is to smuggle goods while avoiding any unnecessary entanglements.

During this time, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will continue to operate a virtual queue, with the possibility of transitioning to FastPass+ in the future.

Jim
Jim
8 months ago

I think this is a bad decision. I think the line is shorter without FastPass+. While I like FastPass+, I do believe it makes the standby lines MUCH longer than they would be without.

I was kind of hoping they would go with virtual queues for other big attractions at the parks like they have for ROTR.

Shannon Nutt
Shannon Nutt
Reply to  Jim

Respectfully disagree. I don’t want to have to be waiting outside the park an hour before opening just to be inside the park to get a shot at a boarding pass for rides (as it is with ROTR). I like booking FastPasses in advance so at least I know before the day begins I’m going to get on my favorite ride.

Karie Bair
8 months ago

So all the former tier 1 (Except SDD) are now tier 2 attractions!?!?

Cassie
Cassie

Thank you!

Ti Mar
Ti Mar
8 months ago

Thank you WDWNT! I check your site every morning, logged into MDE, and got our FP for SR for our trip in March!!!

Abour
Abour
8 months ago

So disappointed with the tier system. I’m keeping my evening fast pass for Slinky Dog Dash (Which felt impossible to grab) over a fastpass for Smugglers Run. I hope I made the right choice.

Stefanie Brylow
Stefanie Brylow
Reply to  Abour

In monitoring the wait queues recently I think that’s a good decision!

Elizabeth
Elizabeth
Reply to  Abour

It’s definitely the right decision. I was there last Wednesday and SDD was by far the longest line all day! Smugglers freed up as the day went on. Your best bet is to keep SDD and do Smugglers as late as possible. It’s inside so light doesn’t matter.

Robert
Robert
8 months ago

I’m so happy that Disney learned from their tier 1 mishap and shuffled things around. I don’t need to waste my selections now just so I can have 3!

Mark
Mark
8 months ago

Of course, a week after we’ll be there. 😟

Michelle
Michelle
8 months ago

THANK YOU!!! We are traveling all the way from Kansas for my leap day baby to celebrate his 3rd ACTUAL birthday in Star Wars Land so I have been watching closely to see if this would happen and thankfully I got fast passes for us for SR on his REAL birthday. SO excited and appreciative of these notifications!

Indy
Indy
8 months ago

Say goodbye to reasonable wait times on another attraction.

No Appreciation
No Appreciation
8 months ago

Can we ditch FP+ already? The 30 minute waits for Smugglers run have been amazing. Not looking forward to another Fastpass or bust attraction.

Dawn
Dawn
8 months ago

Question- we have 10 in our group coming but not all of us want to use our fast passes for the same rides (especially tier 1). When one in our group selects the Fast Pass, can they select which in the group to include?

Brooke
Brooke
Reply to  Dawn

Yes, they absolutely can!

JAMA Fos
JAMA Fos
Reply to  Dawn

Yes. Link your party members on the Disney app, or Disney website. Then when attempting to make fast pass selection, you first select which party members you are attempting to make a selection for. I always wake up early on the earliest day I am eligible to make fast pass selections.

Tifanne
Tifanne
8 months ago

Thank you! After seeing this article I immediately added this to my FastPass selections!

Abdul
Abdul
8 months ago

Another ride, like Soarin (epcot), where in if you dont get the B-1 seat or in this case the pilot, the experience is bad. And in Soarin atleast if you request the cast members for B-1 seating they let you do that. Here if you request to be a pilot, they are denying it. Ive been personally told that ill have to join the queue again.

JMost
JMost
Reply to  Abdul

All depends on the CM. I’ve seen requests granted without issue.

Brent D
Brent D
8 months ago

WDWNT rocks! This post beat other bloggers I subscribe to by at least 2 hours. I was able to immediately swizzle the HS FastPass+ reservations for my early March trip to exploit this. Thanks for your informative and timely reporting!

Mike Sedmak
Mike Sedmak
8 months ago

Thanks WDWNT app! I got the push notification of this change and was able to get Slinky Dog Dash for my trip in March.

Colter
Colter
8 months ago

No doubt the new Mickey and Minnie Runaway attraction will be put into this top tier as well when it opens making three premium rides. Welcome to the mid-tier Aerosmith and Tower!

Bob from Toledo
Bob from Toledo
8 months ago

Now what am i going to do when i wake up 7 hours before the park opens to get into Galaxy’s Edge???? My biological clock has already been calculated for no FAST PASS. DAMN YOU CHAPEK!!!

Susan
Susan
8 months ago

Thank you for this! I was just able to book a FastPass+ for our party of six who will be traveling in March.