PHOTOS: First Pair of Repainted Turrets Complete on Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom

With the repainting of Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom underway, we have our first painted turrets already visible to guests.

“One of these things is not like the others…”

You can see the difference in color of the upper left turret from down Main Street U.S.A.

It’s a much darker, royal blue than all of the others yet to be painted.

You might think that only one was repainted overnight if you were in a hurry, but closer inspection reveals another repainted roof.

A mostly-obscured turret roof has turned the same color as the one on the left.

Around the back, we find several turret roofs already in progress, just not completed.

The others should follow shortly based on how many workers are up on the castle nightly. Stay tuned for the latest on this transformation project!

Walt
Walt
2 months ago

Disney is having a big mistake with this change in color scheme. There was an essential reason why those who worked with Walt imagineers it to be the colors it was. What saddens me is that the current crop of imagineers just aren’t as good as the originals, at least in my opinion, and yet they seem to think it’s okay to throw out the work of the original imagineers.

Aaron
Aaron
2 months ago
Reply to  Walt

Walt openly said that he didn’t want the parks to be revered museums. He wanted them to be dynamic and change, while abiding to certain philosophies (innovation, excellent and immersive storytelling). I happen to like this, being a traditionalist myself, I see this as an improvement, not a change.

Nasty Boi
Nasty Boi
2 months ago
Reply to  Walt

I’m not a fan of the new color scheme, either, but it’s unfair to say the imagineers aren’t good.

Natalie
Natalie
2 months ago

No thanks

Natalie
Natalie
2 months ago

I don’t like it. It doesn’t have the magical feeling the other color had. It gets lost into the sky. Just refreshing the old colors as they’re more earthy and refreshing then this blue.

Nasty Boi
Nasty Boi
2 months ago
Reply to  Natalie

I agree. The light blue worked better.

Maxx
Maxx
2 months ago

I absolutely love the way its going to pop. The dreamy peach with the gorgeous royal blue is going to make it look like a dream come true. ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’™

diane nicholson
2 months ago

Garish in color…nothing like Cinderella merchandise that is sold. Softer color was much more magical looking. Somethings should stay iconic….imho.

Pablo
Pablo
2 months ago

It looks like a fairy tale IHOP.

Darrell White
Darrell White
2 months ago

I love it. Its very eye catching!