Walt Disney World Releases Official Statement Regarding Coronavirus Outbreak Safety Measures

With confirmed cases of Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Florida and California, the Disney Parks division has had to enact heightened sanitation measures across the parks, including increased availability of hand sanitizer stations throughout Disneyland Resort and also at Walt Disney World.

Chip and dale magic kingdom

In an official statement to People Magazine, a Disney spokesperson addressed Coronavirus concerns and the steps the company was taking to keep their parks clean and their guests and Cast Members safe:

“We know there is new information this week about Coronavirus in Florida,” the spokesperson said in a statement Tuesday.

“We have very stringent sanitation procedures in place at Walt Disney World Resort. We are in close contact with health agencies for information and guidance, and at this time, we are continuing to communicate to our Cast the importance of preventative measures such as frequent handwashing and rigorous cleaning processes.

“For guest convenience, we have placed additional hand sanitizers throughout our parks and resorts and will adjust our protocols as the situation warrants.”

We’ll be keeping our eyes on developments here in Florida and in California, as well as in Paris, and Tokyo, Shanghai, and Hong Kong regarding the COVID-19 outbreak’s effect on Disney Parks operations and beyond.

KMA
KMA
4 months ago

About time. Couldn’t find anything resembling excellent sanitation over the princess run weekend. I was shocked, given how excellent they are on the cruise line.

Kevin Connelly
Kevin Connelly
4 months ago

Visiting Epcot today, and walking the entire park, saw only ONE hand sanitizer in the children’s play area???? Do much for proactive focus to help prevent the inevitable corona virus

Kevin Connelly
Kevin Connelly
4 months ago

Visiting Epcot today, found only ONE hand sanitizer in a children’s play area. So much for proactive approach to the impending Corona virus spread

Bob from Toledo
Bob from Toledo
Reply to  Kevin Connelly

You missed the $50-4oz bottle for sale in Gateway gifts Karen

Seattleite
Seattleite
4 months ago

When visiting the parks and traveling, you should always bring your own hand sanitizer.

Not Bob
Not Bob
4 months ago

Does this mean they’ll actually clean Space Ranger Spin or will they use what’s growing on that ride to combat the virus

Erin
Erin
4 months ago

It’d be nice if they put warm water in the bathroom sinks.

Jessica
Jessica
4 months ago

Hand Sanitize is okay but it has been shown that it is way more effective to wash your hands. Just go to the nearest restroom and wash your hands. Stop complaining that you do not see enough sanitize stations.

Barbara R
Barbara R
4 months ago

Disney is on top of it. I love it. My happy place. Keep up the great work guys!! See ya on the 29th ;).

James
James
4 months ago

We are booked for the parks / dining for April 2020, staying off WDW property but did not purchase travel insurance. Now being told cannot add since we paid in full, as was required for package. WE have several family members with immune issues, wishing they would consider that families would like to enjoy WDW vs having to constantly sanitize 24/7.

Karon
Karon
Reply to  James

Try to go through AAA or CAA depending on where you live

Allan
Allan
4 months ago

Disney World Orlando doing NOTHING about it. We were at guest relations and someone in front of us wanted refund as they had a cough and fever…Disney said NO! They allowed them entry to the park. Disney ONLY cares about profit. Period. Safety doesn’t matter.

Jessica Messica
Jessica Messica
Reply to  Allan

why would u go to a theme park if you’re sick

The Observer
The Observer
4 months ago

Please suspend the fingerprint scanners to enter the parks. The touch pad would be the most contaminated place in the parks.

Jessica Messica
Jessica Messica
Reply to  The Observer

Or you can just wash your hands after you use them???

Diane
Diane
4 months ago

WDW would have to add many many bathrooms for people to wash hands

The Observer
The Observer
4 months ago

Went to EPCOT today to see how many surfaces I could avoid touching and still have the best time of my life. Using my best aseptic technique I only touched with my hands 3 surfaces. Granted I am 6’5″ and old and wobble getting on rides and escalators. I did it. The surfaces were, that fingerprint scanner, a bathroom door and a store door. I did not include the table wear as something I could avoid. I went on three rides, butterfly house, the concert and dinner. I had a great time. A cast member answered my question regarding cleaning… Read more »

Aden Casos
Aden Casos
4 months ago

Do you think it will be closed through this March. My family has a vacation planned on the 27th.

natasha
natasha
Reply to  Aden Casos

sadly, yes.. as you must know by now.. I’m sad too as I was suppose to be in the air on my way to Florida the day it closed down! I rescheduled for April.. we shall see what happens