Walt Disney World Contacting Guests Regarding New Theme Park Reservation System; Guests with Existing Tickets Getting Priority Access

It’s been a whirlwind of Disney Parks news over the past 24 hours, with huge announcements like the cancellation of FastPass+ and dining and experience reservations at Walt Disney World indefinitely, and a new age policy for the face mask requirement throughout the property. Now, Walt Disney World is contacting guests regarding cancellations and the upcoming new Theme Park Reservation System:

The communication reads as follows:

An Important Walt Disney World Update

As we plan for the reopening of our Disney Resort Hotels and Theme Parks, we are keeping the wellbeing of our Guests and Cast in mind. And we’re here to help you as we introduce new procedures focused on delivering an enjoyable and magical experience for everyone who visits. ‌

To manage attendance and foster physical distancing during this unprecedented time, we will be changing and suspending some Park experiences. In addition, we will also be introducing a new Theme Park reservation system.

Unfortunately, these new measures have required us to cancel any FastPass+ selections you may have made. We recognize the inconvenience this poses and we’re deeply sorry.‌

However, because you have valid Theme Park admission, you will have access to the Theme Park reservation system before new tickets are sold to other Guests. There’s nothing you need to do at this time. We’ll be contacting you soon with details on this new system. ‌

At this time, while systems update, we are temporarily suspending all modifications. However, you have the option of canceling your entire reservation.‌

We’re putting great thought into helping you return to the magic and appreciate your patience.‌
For more information, please visit disneyworld.com, call 407-W-DISNEY (934-7639), or contact your travel professional or Member Services.‌

While further details have yet to be released, it’s clear that first priority will be given to guests with existing, valid Theme Park admission. During the reopening plan proposal, it was mentioned that Disney plans to have soft reopenings for select audiences several days prior to the July 11 reopening with Cast previews and affinity soft-opening preview days. While the actual dates of the previews are still unknown, these preview days will include Annual Passholders, DVC members, and Club 33 members.

At this time, those with existing reservations cannot modify them (such as adding an additional person to a reservation), but they can cancel the entire reservation.

What do you think of all these upcoming changes ahead of the reopening? Will you be cancelling your reservation or holding out for more details on the new reservation system? Let us know in the comments.

looking for pixie dust
looking for pixie dust
6 months ago

What do I think? I am now hoping our September trip like our May trip doesn’t get cancelled. I have to admit I’m a little surprised at the complexity and the complete cancellation of ALL dining for the year! This just might turn a LOT of people off from Mickey and the Wonderful World of Disney…

Jen
Jen
6 months ago

We are in the same boat. We had a May trip that we changed to September. We took them up on the free dining plan…and now they are going to cancel it? This far out? I’m shocked. We have been planning this trip and saving for 2 years. There are 6 of us, so this is a 1 time thing for us. I just can’t believe the complexity to all of this. It’s insane to me.

Shawn E Phinney
Shawn E Phinney
6 months ago

Disney has officially downgraded WDW to amusement park status. No meet n greets, no fireworks, no parades, no character meals, prob no buffets, no photo pass pictures, reduced capacity on all rides and transportation, no park shopping, no dining plans, no fastpasses. What’s left? Rides with lowered capacity and overpriced food paid out of your pocket.

That’s the complete opposite of what Walt designed. He didnt want his girls to be going to just an amusement park, he wanted a fully immersive experience.

Will
Will
6 months ago

Shawn, instead of Disney easing their way back to normalcy with these safeguards, you’d prefer they’d not adhere to protocols recommended by government and health officials? In lieu of trying to take safe — and temporary — measures into account, you’re recommending Disney drop any preventative measures for the sake of embracing what YOU believe Walt would would want. Got it.

Wolverine In Exile
Wolverine In Exile
6 months ago

So here’s my question (and I know there’s no answer yet)… I have booked reservations at the Swan for Nov 2020. I don’t mind the loss of Fastpass or DDP, but I now need to know when I can book my park tickets– I don’t mind a system locking me into a date for a visit, but I’m hoping I can get tickets for the dates I have hotel rooms booked for. Luckily I held off on booking airplane tix or anything else at this point, so I literally am on the hook for nothing (the Swan reservations are fully… Read more »

John Caldora
John Caldora
6 months ago

I’m in the same boat. I have reservations at the Boardwalk for early August, I have everything except the Park tickets. I was going to buy them today, but well, that’s not going to happen. The question is, how long is this “period” that they’re pausing ticket sales.

Rachel
6 months ago

I spoke with Disney today about my plans that are booked in October and here was their answer: We do not know how long the reservation system will be in place. It is likely that it may continue through the end of the year. As such, we cannot guarantee that you will be able to get a park reservations for everyday of your stay. I told them it was quite disappointing being an Annual Pass holder and a DVC member. The response was: We have updated our cancellation policy to reflect the difficult decisions that lie ahead. To which I… Read more »

Tyler
Tyler
6 months ago

I have hotel reservation for December. I don’t want to say which one because I don’t want to get made fun of, but I have 4 kids so… guess. Any thoughts on Savi’s being available? It looks like only 4 builders could go in at a time and no guests.

Ticked at Disney
Ticked at Disney
6 months ago

This sucks. We have reservations for California Grill to celebrate our anniversary in June. We have heard nothing (so far) from Disney about canceling that reservation or our hotel reservations and they are still showing in the app.

Disney could and should just open back up without all of this crap.

Alyssa
Alyssa
6 months ago

Do you know who has been contacted so far?

I have 2 reservations- first and last weeks of July. Obviously the first week is cancelled, but I’m planning to keep the last week of July. Curious as to when I’ll be contacted. Everything is still on My Disney Experience as of now.

Dawn Vasquez
Dawn Vasquez
6 months ago

Well I am a Florida resident and annual passholder. I follow the data on the wonderful Florida site on a daily basis. I have watched our numbers plateau mid April. I have watched our positive cases severely decrease percentage wise, while testing has exponentially increased. I have watched our hospitals continue to have less and less ER visits to a point where they were almost bankrupt so we had to re-open all elective surgeries and testing, I have watched the coronavirus death count in Florida become almost 0 in the past week. I know there are lawyers, I’m sure that… Read more »

Kevin Schopp
Kevin Schopp
6 months ago

So from the happiest place on earth to the complete crappiest place on earth thanks Disney!

April
April
6 months ago

Here’s the issue. We have APs that were SUPPOSED to expire 7/7. Obviously, those will be extended. However, they have not yet. So, in theory, they will not show as active when the parks will reopen on 7/11 so it looks like we don’t have APs. But that’s not actually the case. If this email goes to passholders, we *should* get it, but the systems are not updated with new expiration dates. What a mess. I feel like there are 2 monkeys and a clown making decisions right now. It seems like they’re flying by the seat of their pants.

Jennifer
Jennifer
6 months ago

I’m hoping all annual passholders, especially those with already existing resort reservations will ACTUALLY be included in the affinity soft opening. This is selfishly because i fall into this category and have had to reschedule 3 different trips that were previously planned on dates the parks have been closed.

Shane Gerry
Shane Gerry
6 months ago

We are DVC, and have a reservation for September, but no park tickets. Received the email above- but am confused as we don’t have tickets. DVC line has been busy for 3 hours….guess will have to wait and see.

Josiah Donaldson
Josiah Donaldson
6 months ago

Holding out until the new system is ready.

Deb
Deb
6 months ago

We’re holding onto hope that things are better by our Sept/Oct trip but will cancel if things aren’t somewhat more normal by then. We do have one day’s worth of tickets for parks because my husband is a cast member, but we have yet to purchase the remainder of our trips tickets so I am a little concerned about that

Steven in NJ
Steven in NJ
6 months ago

So are they only notifying Guests with Hotel Reservations or anyone who has Unused Park tickets purchased? I haven’t received any notice and only know about these changes via several Disney blogs like this one.

Billy
Billy
5 months ago

Or If A Guest Had Already “Booked” Their Fast Pass Times & Places Why Can’t That Be Used As A “Reservation” To That Park For The Days That Were Already Picked? I’m Not Advocating Or Saying That The Fast Pass Policy Should Be Kept In Place But At Least Use It As A Tool To Assure Those That Had Already Put In Place Are Allowed To Keep Their “Pre-Selected” Dates & Parks So They Don’t Have Tho Worry About “Starting Over” And Possibly Loosing Their Ability To Be In The Parks On The Days They Have Reservations At The Resorts.… Read more »

Marty
Marty
5 months ago

I have a reservation on property starting 7/18 but I haven’t purchased park tickets.(we couldn’t at the time the reservation was done they were suspended from purchasing) What are going to be my options to purchase tickets/park reservations?

Mike
Mike
5 months ago

I’m very surprised that Disney is not allowing guests with existing resort reservations buy park tickets to ensure they get park reservations for their stay. We have a stay coming up in 32 days and we can’t buy tickets.