PHOTOS: No Temperature Screenings Taking Place at Resort Hotels in Walt Disney World

Despite our excitement to be back and staying at Walt Disney World since the unprecedented COVID-19 closures shuttered the parks and resorts, in the process of checking in this morning, we noticed a stark component of the reopening missing. Since temperature checks have become standard procedure at Disney Springs, many assumed that similar screenings would be implemented at the resort hotels, however that’s not the case. Walt Disney World Resort hotels are currently not performing temperature checks.

This is a stark contrast from hotels at Universal Orlando Resort, where guests undergo temperature screenings on a daily basis, with a colored wristband system to streamline entry into the theme parks and CityWalk. At Walt Disney World, guests are free to enter resorts, sans temperature checks.

We checked into Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort and The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa earlier today and no temperature screening points were set up at any of the entrances.

There were still plenty of warning signs and health notices, plus hand sanitizer dispensers located throughout the property. Guests are currently “strongly recommended” to skip the Front Desk and instead opt for Online Check-in with Direct-to-Room Service to minimize contact.

As we near the phased reopening of the theme parks starting on July 11, it’s likely we’ll see temperature screening areas established at monorail stations and other transportation hubs, along with resumed bag check (or the new contactless security system.)

What do you think of the lack of temperature screening at the resorts? Would you prefer open access or a temperature screening like that at Universal Orlando Resort? Sound off in the comments.

Hoss
Hoss
3 months ago

Interesting!! Probably should also check temperatures at resorts….

Last edited 3 months ago by Hoss
Dawn McLeod
Dawn McLeod
3 months ago

I would prefer no masks or temperature check!

Caleb
Caleb
3 months ago

As weird as this sounds my only concern if they did temperature screening at the resort would be if you read high when you went to the theme park and weren’t allowed in and then read high when you got back to the resort would they not let you in? You gotta be able to rest up somewhere if you know what I mean? I’ve noticed if I’m out in the sun for a while my temperature reads higher so it would just be nice to be able to go back to my resort to cool off a bit.

Jesse Armstrong
Jesse Armstrong
3 months ago

Not worried about temperature screening. If I was, I would not be visiting Disney. If you don’t feel safe, don’t go.

Jodi
Jodi
3 months ago

This doesn’t bother me. So many people are asymptomatic to begin with, so while temp checks may weed out some potentially positive people, it isn’t going to catch them all. With that being said, I wouldn’t be bothered if they DID do the checks at resorts. But no, it does not freak me out if they aren’t.

SHELLI D HARRIS
SHELLI D HARRIS
3 months ago

I knew all you wanted was to reopen and collect money. Disney, I’m calling you out as a parent, grandparent, and a local. You should be ashamed knowing how our cases are rising and seeing you be so neglectful in skipping over such an important element of controlling and monitoring corona virus by not taking temperatures makes me regret ever having brought 3 generations of my family to your parks, buying your memorabilia, and literally lying to all children as an educator in saying, “Disney is the happiest place on earth” because it’s not. Disney is proving daily that my… Read more »

Keith
Keith
3 months ago

In hindsight , perhaps cancelling my 7/3-7/5 reservation was a wise idea. That’s a good way to let a potential carrier of the coronavirus right in.

Las Vegas Sungirl
Las Vegas Sungirl
3 months ago

I’d rather have temperature checks then to have to wear a mask! And I’d rather have some sort of way to indicate that I’ve already had Covid months ago and have the antibodies so I dont have to be inconvenience with the mask. I have to wear all day at work, I dont like that I’m having to go on vacation and have to wear it there too…no haters please!

Theresa Ragan
Theresa Ragan
3 months ago

yes thwy should be temperature checking guests I sure hope they sanitizer the rooms real good before I get there Sunday

Robert M
Robert M
3 months ago

This just shows again that Disney is completely putting their profit desires before any aspect of safety. Why would you push forward full speed with reopening all the parks in spite of Covid cases breaking new records in Florida and many areas of the country. This is just another reckless demonstration of how Disney has put greed before the safety and wellbeing of guests and cast members. We have already cancelled our annual passes and are so happy we have done so. Sorry Disney you have lost my family as guests by showing your greed and arrogance in this unprecedented… Read more »

Paul
3 months ago

I like the idea of no temp checks. They are useless anyways. You could be a carrier of COVID and show no symptoms or high temps and still spread it to others. Or you could simply have a higher than normal reading due to having a common cold which I’m sure people will still visit the parks with a cold unfortunately. Common cold does not mean you have COVID. Also if you are not from Florida and use to the heat and humidity you may have a higher than normal temp as well as you are adjusting to the heat.… Read more »

Hannah
Hannah
3 months ago

I think temperature checks are silly because we know that one of the most contagious periods of the disease is during the days (up to two weeks) before one develops any symptoms. So the lack of a fever is meaningless. Not to mention that one can be sick without having a fever and people can also take medicine to get rid of a fever. The temperature checks are meaningless.

Natasha
Natasha
3 months ago

No I think it’s fantastic! Now only if they can do away with the mask rule to not be worn outside! That would be fantastic…!

Paul Alter
Paul Alter
3 months ago

We know that there are non-symptomatic and pre-symptomatic people temperature screening won’t catch. But we also know there are cases that are caught with temperature screening. Florida heat doesn’t raise the body temperature to above 100 degrees unless that person is experiencing heat exhaustion – which if that’s the case they need to be cooling off their body anyway.

It’s completely inexcusable.

Walter Abbott
Walter Abbott
3 months ago

Open access, most definitely. The mask requirement is going to be tough to enforce in the summer heat and humidity of Central Florida. I’m hoping that will go away before our late September visit.