PHOTOS: First Look at the NEW Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom from Inside The Park

Tomorrow, Cast Members and their guests will be among the first to re-enter the Magic Kingdom as it reopens for its first day of previews. With that will come a first look at the completed Cinderella Castle, which began its magical makeover just a few months before the historic, unprecedented closure. Today, we have a special first look at the completed Cinderella Castle—not from afar, but from the very grounds of the hub:

Credit: @MarcusQYT on Twitter

The dark, royal blue turrets are now topped with freshly-gilded gold spires. Along the center body of the castle is a faint, rose gold color—much lighter and subdued in these photos than the castle has appeared in previous aerial photos.

Credit: @MarcusQYT on Twitter
Credit: @MarcusQYT on Twitter

While off to the sides of the frame of the photo, the surrounding towers that bookend the castle stage have also received a coat of royal blue paint.

What do you think of the new look for Cinderella Castle? Will you be spending some time at the Magic Kingdom hub taking in the castle’s new look? Let us know in the comments!

4.7 3 votes
Notify of
guest

Hay
Hay

Very pretty!

Matt
Matt
30 days ago

I’m SO happy the pink is lighter than what is showing as earlier. I think it looks great!

April
April
30 days ago

Makes me sad. That blue is too heavy and the sick pink drags it down.

Carol
Carol
30 days ago

Sorry, but I am not a fan of this new look

Retro Magic
Retro Magic
30 days ago

Have/will the moats be refilled soon? Looks amazing!!

Doug
Doug
30 days ago

The pink definitely looks lighter in these pics than the aerial footage suggested. I was getting worried after some of the aerial pics. Still like the old castle better but this is better than it looked like it was heading.

Frank W.
Frank W.
30 days ago

I know it’s just a picture and it probably doesn’t do it justice but if the picture is any indication, I love it!

Lindsay
Lindsay
30 days ago

I was hoping for a bit more gold a-la the happiest celebration makeover, but the pink is not as bad as I thought it would be!

zgore
zgore
30 days ago

Where will Kappernick sleep?

JOHN THAYER
JOHN THAYER
30 days ago

Cinderella’s Castle looks too new and too much in the foreground with the revised scheme. I think a castle should look old and far away because we don’t walk down the street and see a brand new castle. A more pastel look would suggest that the castle is rising out of the viewers imagination.

Emir Hernandez
Emir Hernandez
30 days ago

It should have been a dark muted blue, this is too vibrant Doesn’t look anything like the redention picture. The pink looks great the gold too even if is pale but I understand to achieve the gold tone you need gold leaf and that takes months to apply it. Judging by this they might change it back later on.

pt Marino
pt Marino
30 days ago

Its basically a stage now anyway. Paint away..I miss the days you could walk through that was special. Sigh

Leroy
Leroy

Yuk

Lisa
Lisa
30 days ago

This looks beautiful, and so much more tasteful than the monstrosity that we had the misfortune of being surprised with when we happened to visit during the 25th Anniversary, back in ‘97 LOL… Just google pictures of that, and prepare to be relieved with their current choice.

Eric Stroud
Eric Stroud
29 days ago

Save Splash Mountain!

Tom Old-Castleless
Tom Old-Castleless
29 days ago

I am a big fan of that vibrant blue and the gold accents, but the pink just doesn’t seem right…

I wish the gold was more prevalent and that the old color scheme for the body was still there.

Trish
Trish
26 days ago

Pretty but looks more like Aurora with that blue and pink…Cinderella’s castle is not that color…

Miki
Miki
12 days ago

How incredibly ugly. When I went to Disneyland as a child, many years ago – and before any remodeling was done – the castle was the stunning centerpiece. Later, when I made it to Walt Disney world, it too, had a beautiful, bright castle. It’s important to note that Sleeping Beauty’s Castle, and later, Cinderella’s Castle, were modeled after Neuschwanstein Castle in Bavaria – a beautiful, white limestone masterpiece that all but glistens in the sun. In both films, the castles are bright and magical. This, in contrast, is dark, dreary, and gloomy – more like the inside of a… Read more »

Cinders
Cinders
6 days ago

Hideous, & childhood memory ruining, won’t be spending my money returning or buying new merch. I’ve retyped this 3 times now cause I’m so disappointed, sad, and angry. Moms who spent our lives working to get to take our kids to Disney and buy official merchandise from our once in a lifetime trip and this is the thanks we get: Disney repaints the iconic Cinderella Castle to look like this – a cheap, ripoff merch version that we’ve seen sold in bootleg shops for the same amount of time :( What was wrong with the classic look? THAT actually looked… Read more »

Matthew