biden-hall-of-presidents_1-1454440

CONFIRMED: Disney Announces Addition of Joe Biden Audio-Animatronic to The Hall of Presidents at the Magic Kingdom

With no announcement, yesterday ended up being the final day of operation for the latest version of The Hall of Presidents at the Magic Kingdom. Disney has quietly closed the attraction overnight, as guests arriving at the Magic Kingdom now will find out.

With this silence on Disney’s part, it was not stated that the new President of the United States would be added to the attraction, but in a statement to the Orlando Sentinel today, a Disney spokeswoman has confirmed the addition of a Biden audio-animatronic figure.

hallofpresidentsclosed3

The sign outside the closed attraction also assures us that Biden will be added to the attraction (in audio-animatronic form, of course), the question is still if he will have a speaking role. No reopening date has been set.

hallofpresidentsclosed2

It’s unclear at this time how much more of the attraction will change as this is the first time a new version of the show only existed for one Presidential term, only lasting just over 3 years.

If you missed it, or just want to see the former version of the Hall of Presidents one more time, you can watch the full presentation below:

3.8 8 votes
Abdul
Abdul
10 months ago

Till they make his animatronic, just put a cutout of him & keep the ride open

Ahnsael
Ahnsael
10 months ago

Not being political here, just very glad to see that Disney will continue its tradition of adding new Presidents to this attraction. The photo of the sign saying “The Hall of Presidents is Currently Being Prepared to Welcome the New President” is the best photo I’ve seen today.

Jeff Bailey
Jeff Bailey
10 months ago

I may have to miss the the Hall of Presidents for a few years.

Bob
Bob
Reply to  Jeff Bailey

I’m glad I have the ability to watch any incarnation of this attraction, regardless of who ends up being among the featured speaking roles in any given update. I guess we’ll see ya in 8 years, Jeff!

The Champ is here
The Champ is here
Reply to  Jeff Bailey

I feel you Jeff, I haven’t been for the past 3 years. Now I can finally go again!! Yay!!

Emily
Emily
10 months ago

Wow, you have not been to this attraction in the last 3 years just because President Trump had a major role in it. Unbelievable!!!!!! Show some respect for him.

Jesus
Jesus
Reply to  Emily

That’s because snowflakes melt in Florida

Karen
Karen
Reply to  Jeff Bailey

I’ve avoided it since 2017, myself.

Diego Salazar
Diego Salazar
Reply to  Jeff Bailey

Bye !!

tvnutt
tvnutt
10 months ago

IDK, did anyone else NOT think it would close to add the new president? Not really news other than the fact it’s closed.

Melon
Melon
10 months ago

The article mentions it is the first time the update only lasted 4 years. Can you remind us the history of updates to the attraction? I was born in the 90s, so I have no idea what they did in the time of President H.W. Bush. Did they not update it for every President back then?

Doug
Doug
10 months ago

I can’t believe the stupidity of Disney, keep you shut down in California, and you want to idolize a cheating party. My reconsider my love for Disneyland

Gern Blanston
Gern Blanston
Reply to  Doug

Doug,

I can’t believe the stupidity of your comment. Clearly, you haven’t been paying attention, but the California shutdown has nothing to do with Disney. It is the state that will not allow them (or any theme park) to open.

Also, with well over 60 lawsuits filed, there was no cheating other than a few on the Republican side.

Disneyland doesn’t need you!

Last edited 10 months ago by Gern Blanston
David
David
Reply to  Doug

Good thing for you that intelligence and a connection to reality are not requirements to be allowed to go to Disney. So pathetic ….

Bob
Bob
Reply to  Doug

Why are we listening to someone who doesn’t even know which park the Hall of Presidents is in?

Flgirl8
Flgirl8
10 months ago

Funny how it took sooooo long to put Trump in there and now Biden will be done very quickly……..just sayin

Animations Down Under
Animations Down Under
Reply to  Flgirl8

Well, Disney was making a Hilary Clinton Animatronic becuase they didn’t think Trump would win, so they had to start over. I’m guessing that they guessed right this time and the Biden Animatronic is almost ready

Sample Text
Sample Text
Reply to  Flgirl8

Trump took a long time to book a time for voice recordings, plus the rumored animatronic issue.

Bob
Bob
Reply to  Sample Text

The way I remember it being reported, Trump never made time for a recording session, so Disney eventually pieced together existing audio recordings from other speeches.

Joe
Joe
Reply to  Sample Text

I thought for Trump’s animatronic they just used audio from one of his speeches and didn’t record anything new?

Bob
Bob
Reply to  Joe

I’m glad I’m not the only one who remembered it that way.

Nick
Nick

Not really a big deal

Vanessa
Vanessa
10 months ago

Watching the glorious Inauguration and then seeing this picture — the world is good again. So happy.

Doug
Doug
10 months ago

3rd article in one day about Biden in the Hall if Presidents….got it. I wish they did like they used to and just added the new ones but kept the main speaking roles to the older presidents. That would keep people from passing on this attraction because they do not care for the current president having a large speaking role, whether it was Trump the last few years or Biden now. Too much division now. We need to all find common ground to come together and work together without the hateful bashing on both sides.

Bob
Bob
Reply to  Doug

Perhaps it should become mandatory for every guest to pair a showing of Hall of Presidents with a ride through It’s a Small World.

Ron
Ron
10 months ago

I look at it like this, regardless who you voted for, or your personal appion of the Current or past President.They were still the President, thus belong in the hall of Presidents. People that don’t go because you are so bound in division is childish, Disney has always made it a point to make sure that the speaking part is dignified, and show that president at his best. i think they did a terrible job on President Trumps AA, and disney should be ashamed, i’m hoping they do a far better job on President Biden. i look forward to the… Read more »

Dave Fullerton
Dave Fullerton
10 months ago

It’s great to see so many visiting this site, reading the article, and taking the time to write comments.
It was a long time ago but I bought a copy of the Constitution in the Hall of Presidents gift shop. Does anyone know if they still have those for sale?