reimagined-guest-rooms-at-disneys-polynesian-village-resort-2
Reimagined guest rooms inside Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort at Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Fla., feature details, patterns and textures from the hit Walt Disney Animation Studios film “Moana,” including characters and other references to the story. The resort, part of the Disney Resorts Collection at Walt Disney World, is now accepting bookings for late July 2021. (Kent Phillips, photographer)

FIRST LOOK: Disney Shares Peek Inside Moana-Themed Rooms at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort

If you follow this website on a daily basis, then you’ve no doubt heard about the big changes coming to Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort this year. The hotel still hasn’t opened to guests beyond Disney Vacation Club villas, but work has been underway on a new entrance and monorail station at the Great Ceremonial House, as well as the remodeling of rooms that will now include Moana elements. Well, today Disney is giving us out first peek at these new rooms.

reimagined-guest-rooms-at-disneys-polynesian-village-resort

The reimagined spaces feature a new color palette inspired by the Pacific Ocean and its many islands, including details, patterns and textures from the hit Walt Disney Animation Studios film “Moana”.

reimagined-guest-rooms-at-disneys-polynesian-village-resort-2
reimagined-guest-rooms-at-disneys-polynesian-village-resort-3
reimagined-guest-rooms-at-disneys-polynesian-village-resort-5
reimagined-guest-rooms-at-disneys-polynesian-village-resort-4
Bathrooms in the reimagined guest rooms inside Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort at Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Fla., take inspiration from the sandy ocean floor for the bathroom tiles and vanity’s carved details, complementing the fresh, modern overall approach to these rooms. The resort, part of the Disney Resorts Collection at Walt Disney World, is now accepting bookings for late July 2021. (Kent Phillips, photographer)

You’ll also see all-new furnishings and fixtures. In the bathrooms, for instance, Disney Imagineers took inspiration from the sandy ocean floor for the tiles and carved details in the vanity. The colorful patterns found throughout the room bring a whole new energy to the space, evoking undulating ocean waves and tropical flowers.

The reimagining of Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort is just in time for the hotel’s 50th anniversary on October 1st, 2021, which will be celebrated as part of “The World’s Most Magical Celebration”. Room bookings are currently open for late July 2021.

3 7 votes
Impressions de Frank
Impressions de Frank
4 months ago

Silly me for thinking this would be a “light” theming. Horrifying. Farewell, my Poly.

Jeannette Sanchez
Jeannette Sanchez
4 months ago

This is awesome hotel and I can’t wait to stay in the New Polynesian Village Resort! Thank you Moana!

Unsinkable Mongala Millie
Unsinkable Mongala Millie
4 months ago

Did they draw The Rock’s nipples on that garish wall? Cause it certainly feels like you’ll be going to bed every night looking at Maui’s chest…

I wish I could be amazed that they managed to make a deluxe room look as basic as a value.

abdul
abdul

Tom,
My guess is these are all the Non-Dvc rooms.
Do you think if we book a room in Q4, we might get these Moana rooms?

Disney Lvr
Disney Lvr

Cheap

Kathleen McGill
Kathleen McGill
4 months ago

Love the rooms. The one thing I have not liked about the Polynesian was that the toilet was not in a separate room within the bathroom. Has that been changed?

Peg Z
Peg Z
4 months ago

My goodness, I love this! I love the pop of colors with bright aqua and purples. And the appearance of Hei Hei made me laugh out loud. I would LOVE to stay in one of these rooms!

Steve A
Steve A
4 months ago

Beautiful, I’m so happy they are really theming the rooms now. Some of the expensive ones (like Yacht and Beach) have looked plain and boring lately.

johnSR.
johnSR.
4 months ago

This is awesome! I was not expecting something this elaborate. It no longer looks like an old, dingy, outdated 70’s motel. Now worth the price.

Julia
Julia
4 months ago

It looks waaaay too novelty what I’d expect for paying for a deluxe resort. It screams moderate at best. You know with that view you aren’t going to be paying a garden (aka parking lot view ) price. That wallpaper would be a cute throw pillow, at that scale though…Yikes.

madistrom
madistrom
4 months ago

They took away my precious tiki room birds!!! I hope they leave the DVC rooms alone.

Disdork
Disdork
4 months ago

This is terrible. I’m incredibly disappointed with the direction they’re taking this in. Personally, I always found the warm tones simple decor to be the most relaxing the cozy of all the Disney resorts. This really makes me sad to look at.

Suze
Suze
4 months ago

I am not sure about this update. I like the murals and the floors, but with the marble type counters and dark turquoise all combined, it just seems like a lot. The trundle bed/couch is not very attractive, that fabric, print, color, not loving it. However, I am still excited to see these in person in the fall and some elements are super cute.

Meadow
Meadow
4 months ago

Are dvc rooms being updated as well?

May
May
4 months ago

Man this sucks! So now they have shower doors just like the values! This doesn’t look anything like the Poly! Do they really have to redo all the rooms and not just some of them, for those who like the new design? This design is obnoxious and irritating, right in your face. Except for the beds. The beds are just white, like all hospital beds.

May
May
4 months ago

I remember the first time I stayed at the Poly. The room felt so nice, so tropical in a comfortable way! This is…I don’t know what the heck it is. All over the wall and cabinet. Right in your face. Why can’t these be just some rooms, for those who like them? This is too busy, it’s overwhelming. And I don’t like Moana. She is so unpopular that you can’t even meet her in Disney World. Why can’t these be just some rooms, for those who like them? Why?

Poly fan
Poly fan
4 months ago

Wow. That’s way more in-your-face than I thought it would be. The original announcement said it would be more inspired by Moana. I thought that sounded okay, but I think this is just too much.

May