new-ground-markers-epcot-featured

PHOTOS: New Ground Markers Remind Guests to Wear Masks While Taking Pictures at Various Photo-Ops in EPCOT

After seeing new signs limiting the number of guests at physical distancing markers at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, we found some new ground markers at EPCOT, urging guests to wear a mask while taking photos in front of various locations around the theme park, including in front of character topiaries.

image-from-ios-88-7382763

The new ground markings remind that guests that face coverings must cover the nose and chin, even when taking photos.

image-from-ios-90-6478312
image-from-ios-91-9786109

At the entrance of EPCOT, the new signage is in front of each set of topiaries.

image-from-ios-92-8061062

As a popular photo spot in the front of the park and with Spaceship Earth in the background, Sorcerer Mickey and the Magic Brooms have a new ground marking.

image-from-ios-93-5029939
image-from-ios-94-3930897

Areas in which Cast Members may not always be present to remind guests to properly wear face coverings have been given the new ground markers in hopes that guests will still follow the Walt Disney World Resort’s policy.

image-from-ios-96-8357183

Placed throughout the park, unattended photo opportunities in front of character topiaries, such as the one seen here with Woody and Bo Peep, have received the new addition.

image-from-ios-97-8644001

Keep reading WDWNT for updates on the enhanced health and safety guidelines in place at Walt Disney World.

Notify of
guest

Brian
Brian
1 month ago

Genuine question, not trying to be a jerk: can someone please tell me the science behind not being able to take a maskless photo outdoors if physically distant? How would this be different than taking a sip of water or bite to eat? Not looking for an argument… truly wondering!

Brian
Brian
1 month ago
Reply to  Brian

So far no replies just negative votes. I know it’s a Disney rule. Totally aware of it and would/will follow when I go there. They are basing their rules, so they say, on science. But I’m waiting on someone to intelligently inform me of how this rule of no maskless photos while socially distant is following the science?

Doug
Doug
1 month ago
Reply to  Brian

I agree completely! As long as properly distanced, i do not see the difference.

Jessie
Jessie
1 month ago
Reply to  Brian

The photo spots frequently get very crowded. And it would be just another excuse for people to try to get away without wearing masks.

Brian
Brian
1 month ago
Reply to  Brian

Can anyone answer this for me? I see a lot of people defending the rules, which I agree to when I go (and follow!) I am curious because Disney claims to use science behind their reasoning for these rules and I don’t see any science that supports this.

Dland Fan
Dland Fan
1 month ago
Reply to  Brian

It’s so when the guest shares those photos on social media, their friends won’t get the impression that Disney is allowing people to walk around without masks.

Disney wants people to know that they care about mask rules and enforcement.

Jessie
Jessie
1 month ago

We saw people literally standing on these with their masks off. Signage does not help. People know what they’re supposed to be doing, they just don’t care, and know that Disney won’t enforce it.