slave1hero1-3198777

Photos: Disney Changes The Name Of Slave 1 To Boba Fett’s Starship

slave1hero1-3198777

The moniker of Slave 1, one of the most iconic names to come out of the Star Wars Universe, is being retired. Make way for Boba Fett’s Starship.

75312_alt1-5089204
LEGO Star Wars: Boba Fett’s Starship

During a recent LEGO Fan Media Days, The LEGO Star Wars Team introduced the new LEGO Boba Fett’s Starship. Those that were present asked, why they were changing the name from Slave 1 to Boba Fett’s Starship? According to Jedi News, the change came directly from Disney and it should affect both merchandise and any future TV series or movies that will include Boba Fett’s Starship.

From Jedi News:

Jens: Then, the next one, also from The Mandalorian, is Boba Fett’s Starship.

Michael: Yes, I built another. We’re not calling it Slave I any more. This is Boba Fett’s Starship.

James: OK, why are we dropping the Slave I name?

Jens: Everybody is. It’s probably not something which has been announced publicly but it is just something that Disney doesn’t want to use any more.

So, whether you like the new name change or not, Disney has spoken.

Source: Jedi News

2.5 8 votes
Notify of
guest

Brian
Brian
1 month ago

They can call it whatever they like. I know what it’s name really is, and I refuse to use their lazy choice.

King
King
1 month ago

Buuuuuuull Sh..!!! Its not a change I am making. My favorite character and it is not going to be canceled unless you let them. Forever will be know as Slave 1. Thats what I will say and say to others. Let others who dont know what THE REAL name is. Enough is Enough. Man I love you disney but lately you are really just trying to make people say the heck with you. Those are the ones slending their money on your merchandise. Keep poking and people are going to leave.

Grayson Jeffords
Grayson Jeffords
1 month ago

Really. What’s the accomplishment of this? Decades it’s been called the Slave 1 – it’s very clear that the Star Wars universe is against slavery. The clone wars and all of those movies have clearly depicted the bad guys with slavery. Very disappointed with you guys. I know myself and many others will certainly be using Slave 1 every single time i refer the Slave 1

Tamandua
Tamandua
1 month ago

Will anakin still be a slave in episode 1 or are they going to edit that out now?

Gamble
Gamble
Reply to  Tamandua

He is now Watto’s podracer pilot.

Lisa
Lisa
1 month ago

I’m all for them changing the name of Slave 1 to something else! But they could have come up with something far more creative than “Boba Fett’s Starship” IMO.

Gamble
Gamble
Reply to  Lisa

Curious though – why are you “all for” changing the name? Because it happens to contain the word slave?

Gamble
Gamble
1 month ago

Because it contains the word “Slave”.

Woke Go Broke
Woke Go Broke
Reply to  Gamble

Waaaahhhh….words hurt. SMH.

Gamble
Gamble
Reply to  Woke Go Broke

I agree it’s ridiculous. Just making plain what we all knew because the article kind of side stepped it.

N N
N N
1 month ago

This is absolutely ridiculous and stupid! What’s next, removing Jaba’s slaves from ROTJ??

Earitch
Earitch
1 month ago

Selling Lucasfilm to Disney was Lucas’ biggest mistake.

Earitch
Earitch
1 month ago

Since wars are bad, “Star Wars” is starting to sound insensitive and outdated; it’s time to change it.

I’m telling you, this stuff never ends until it implodes on itself.

May
May
Reply to  Earitch

I didn’t know that thing’s called Slave 1. I didn’t even know it had a name! I do now.

Dan R
1 month ago

must have taken a long time to come up with such an original name. It will forever be named Slave 1.

Linda
Linda

It’s not politically correct

Disney is Woke
Disney is Woke
1 month ago

Lmao Disney is so woke. There was no one saying this was an issue

Mesjo Tatak
Mesjo Tatak

Why not call it “Clone One”…🤔

JoeD
JoeD

I would have called it the “I’m a person and my name is Anakin” 1

Klocko Fett
Klocko Fett
1 month ago

It’s the name of a villain’s ship. It should evoke evil.

I suppose next we’ll see the Death Star changed to “Papa Palp’s discotheque and glitter emporium”?

Maybe Vader’s “Executor” will be Vader’s “Compassion and Forgiveness”?

Seriously, stop listening to Twitter. They are not an accurate representation of the general public, and and absolutely not members of the SW fanbase. They just hunt for things they’re not involved with to hate and try to destroy. You still have time to walk this all back. Please do.

Gamble
Gamble
Reply to  Klocko Fett

The truth is they did not do this move because of Twitter. The actual people who work and are in charge of Disney agree with the insane changes.