bob-chapek-7492881-3204093

“Fire Bob Chapek” Petition Reaches 30,000 Signatures In Just 24 Hours on Change.org

The campaign to replace The Walt Disney Company’s CEO, Bob Chapek, has exploded in popularity.

bob-chapek-7492881-3204093

After being shared by former Disney Imagineers, the Change.org petition calling for his firing has reached 30,000 signatures. While the petition’s justifications aren’t completely clear, and not everyone agrees with most of the statement, it’s clear that there is resentment of Chapek and his regime’s policies.

The petition, which was published a year ago, lays accusations that Chapek has “consistently put himself and money above the product, and quality of the company,” as well as mentions the 28,000 layoffs of Disney Parks cast members since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic juxtaposed with the reinstatement of executive bonuses. The author also discusses poor maintenance at the parks, claiming that Chapek has put his attentions on Disney+ as “the current big money maker.” Recently, we learned that his decision to relocate the vast majority of Walt Disney Imagineering to Lake Nona, Florida has also caused a severe drop in morale, with many Imagineers choosing to leave the company than uproot the lives they’ve built in California.

Neither Disney nor Chapek has responded to the petition as of the writing of this article.

As always, keep following WDWNT for all of your Disney Parks news, and for the absolute latest, follow WDW News Today on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.

4.5 8 votes
Notify of
guest

Brian
Brian
1 month ago

Having Disney in my life for the last 45 years as a Texan who never visited a park until 2018 I personally feel that Bob Chapek’s actions in a very short time is distinctly anti Disney.

Reply to  Brian

A small part of me tho doesn’t even think he cares about the MONEY anymore. You gotta remember that many of the Disney live action sequels were NOT overly successful….and yet he pushed ahead anyway.

Regina Phalange
Regina Phalange
Reply to  Matthew Muir

Yes, precisely, flop movies like Cruella and Jungle Cruise got confirmed sequels before they were even released all so Chapek can shamelessly continue to squander Disney’s brand and further his “legacy.”

beautiful gorgeous
1 month ago

Everybody can agree with poor park maintenance. I have never seen so many attractions go down and audioanimatronics lacking maintenance in decades. That’s disappointing to families. The last time we were there, Rockin’ Roller Coaster was working the first day of our vacation and did not work again until a week after we went home. I wished I had gotten in line on the first day. The Disney Company is nickel and diming guests. Charging for everything and no perks for staying on property except transportation on property. Buses are outside contractors, because they don’t have bus drivers for their… Read more »

RealScottyT
RealScottyT
1 month ago

I have to disagree with the no perks for staying on property statement. Genie+ and Lightning lane are a bit different than the prior FastPass+ and closer to the original paper FastPass that you got in parks and made a mad dash for. Just now it’s online and if you’re staying on property you can pick the Lightning Lane at 7:00 rather than when the parks close. There’s also the extended park hours for on property. Half an hour early and if you’re in one of the deluxe resorts, an extra hour in the evenings. Maybe it’s not quite all… Read more »

Jeff Bailey
Jeff Bailey

I signed!

Marjiscott
Marjiscott
Reply to  Jeff Bailey

Where is it on Change.Org? I can’t find it. Was it taken down?

Gary
Gary
1 month ago

good everyone keep at it something has got to give!

1 month ago

I wonder how Disney will chose to respond….

Regina Phalange
Regina Phalange
Reply to  Matthew Muir

With Chapek in charge, I am not holding my breath.

Prince Naveen
Prince Naveen
Reply to  Matthew Muir

They won’t. Cowards.

Bernie Skoch
Bernie Skoch
Reply to  Matthew Muir

If they respond, it will be typical “corporatese” like this:

“The Walt Disney Company is aware that a petition is circulating calling for the removal of one of our senior executives.

We are privileged to have the most devoted fans, guests, and supporters anywhere, and we appreciate the passion with which millions of people worldwide–including the petitioners–regard the Disney brand.

“Please be assured that the entire Disney executive team along with every Disney cast member everywhere is working hard every day to listen to our guests and customers, to enhance the guest experience, and to enhance stockholder value.”

Reply to  Bernie Skoch

ah the typical response :( trying to fend off criticism

1 month ago

We need to do our utmost to bring this to Disney’s attention.

Chewiespal
Chewiespal
1 month ago

Let us not forget, the Board of Directors are also responsible.

Thomas Meagher
Thomas Meagher
1 month ago

And do you know what’s going g to happen…………..

NOTHING!!!!!!!

Reply to  Thomas Meagher

Well it depends. It depends on how much effort we put into convincing the Walt Disney Company.

Tom Jones
Tom Jones
1 month ago

No one likes Bob Chapek, but these propaganda articles you guys have put out lately are a bad look for you.

Tom Corless
Admin
Reply to  Tom Jones

“propoganda”?

Bernie Skoch
Bernie Skoch
Reply to  Tom Jones

How exactly is reporting on a petition “propaganda”???

Ronin Editor
Ronin Editor
1 month ago

I don’t want to say anything negative about this ‘situation’ but read into it what you will… I ‘hear’ that everyone loved, loved Bob Iger as a leader (like taking zero pay to keep more employees employed during the pandemic), treats people with respect, demands greatness but will acknowledge a job well done – the type of person you would want to impress. And, he just understood Walt’s vision on so many levels and truly can see Disney through a child’s eyes, understanding what is “magic” about it. If the company ever decides to go a new/old direction with leadership…… Read more »

Last edited 1 month ago by Ronin Editor
mis
mis
1 month ago

for those that think cheapact is doing this for the shareholders, trust me as an owner of some disney stock. all the stock has done is go down since he took over. dvc owner and shareholder that thinks this petition and firing are way overdue.

Bernie Skoch
Bernie Skoch
Reply to  mis

I can’t stand to even look at Chapek and I wish he would take his millions and just go away. He is leading the company in trading mid- and long-term guest goodwill for short term profits.

But you are incorrect in saying “All the stock has done is go down since he took over.”

Disney stock closed at $128.19 on Feb 25, 2020 the day Chapek took over.

It is trading today at over $170, an increase of 33%.

Regina Phalange
Regina Phalange
1 month ago

I am a lifelong Disney fan whose favorite place to vacation was the Disney Parks but I have zero interest in ever going again after all these changes. And just to make it clear, I am not even a conservative. I am a progressive liberal, but all the bizarre and calculated changes to the attractions, just to appeal to the Twitter crowd who complain about anything and everything and will never be satisfied, plus this new Genie system which basically means you have to pay extra for every single ride, has completely turned me off. Please remove Chapek because as… Read more »

ZorbaTheGreek
ZorbaTheGreek
1 month ago

I try to keep “real life” out of my trips to Di$ney. But…so hard to not feel like I’m getting less and less at the Di$ney Parks for more $$$. And this Genie+ is ridiculous to understand. And then then add in all the other social/political things to rides…what the heck happened the escapism Di$ney used to be the master of? So, no thanks.

David Kinsman
David Kinsman
1 month ago

I am a DVC member and a stock owner,, l didn’t receive a dividend last year , But I am glad the executivesgot their pay.

May
May
1 month ago

Doesn’t matter if there are 30 million signatures so long as those 30 million continue to spend money on Disney. Check the Disney+ subscrption numbers. Has it gone down or anything? This is a joke. Chapek will laugh all the way to the bank.

May
May
1 month ago

What does this petition tell Disney? It tells Disney that fans are not happy with paying more and losing benefits. Does Disney not know that people will be displeased when they raise prices and cut benefits? Of course Disney knows, everybody knows that, it’s not a deep concept. Therefore, this petition says nothing new. Disney is a business, not a democracy. If the business fails, even if Chapek had been popular, he would have been ousted. If the business is profitable, he will stay, public opinion be damned.

May
May
1 month ago

All the people who sign this petition are also ones who come to this website to see what new Disney merch to buy, which new restaurant to try out, how the parks are doing, what’s new on Disney+, that is, all the ways to hand Disney more of their hard earned money. Money speaks, petition doesn’t.

1 month ago

Might I add I’ve also emailed it to not one but TWO Disney email addresses. We should ALL do the same!

Henry Alvarez
Henry Alvarez
1 month ago

I am a diehard disney fan im so sick of what has become of the “most magical place on earth ” i was born in December of 71, i was 14 days old went their the first time (so I’m told ) and I think the things that are going on are Ridiculous because because of the changing times does not mean you need to change rides … because of what people might think wat it represents….. I respect people’s opinions I might agree with them but I do respect them… and its a park we’re you go to let… Read more »

ChumbaWumba
ChumbaWumba
1 month ago

Wow, it’s nearing 50,000 signatures Tom!