We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Thursday, October 14, 2021.
Walt Disney World
- Starbucks has released another vintage-style tumbler and mug ornament at Walt Disney World, this time featuring Christmas imagery.
- As of today, all Savage Bros. logos visible at the Main Street Confectionery in Magic Kingdom have been covered.
- Although it had only been up for a month, the Lightning Lane sign at “it’s a small world” was removed a few days ago and a new, nicer-looking sign has now replaced it.
- Tony’s Town Square Restaurant in Magic Kingdom has joined in on the 50th anniversary fun with several new fire station-themed items.
- Disney has announced a new stage show and more details about the upcoming Disney Very Merriest After Hours hard-ticket event at Magic Kingdom this holiday season.
- Signs throughout the Hub in front of Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom have been updated to advertise “Disney Enchantment” instead of “Happily Ever After.”
- Even more sweet decorations have been added to the recently refurbished Main Street Confectionery in Magic Kingdom.
- More FastPass+ kiosks have been removed at Walt Disney World, this time from next to Test Track in EPCOT.
- The chocolatiers behind the 50th Celebration Fiesta Pyramid, David Ramirez Chocolates, have shared a behind-the-scenes video making the elaborate treat.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- An exhibit dedicated to the new Disney Cruise Line ship, Disney Wish, is now open in Walt Disney Presents at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Though Halloween hasn’t even arrived yet, Disney’s Hollywood Studios is already preparing for the winter holidays.
- Join us on a tour of the small exhibit dedicated to the Disney Wish.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- The popular “Merry Menagerie” puppets will be returning to Disney’s Animal Kingdom this holiday season.
- Calling all matcha fans! You can now satisfy your matcha craving with the new Golden Savannah frappe available at Joffrey’s in Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- The Aerophile helium balloon at Disney Springs will be closing for a brief refurbishment from October 17 through October 27.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Yehaa Bob Jackson returns to Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside today as the hotel reopens, but he will be presenting a modified show due to COVID-19 restrictions.
- After being closed for 18 months due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside has reopened.
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside reopened today, and Yehaa Bob was there to play his first show back in the River Roost Lounge this evening.
Other Walt Disney World News
- On Wednesday, Florida reported 2,505 new cases of COVID-19, making the 7-day average below 3,000 cases for the first time since July 7.
- Disney has announced new pin trading boxes and boards to be officially introduced on October 15.
- Walt Disney World has announced more details about all the new and returning fun we can expect at the parks this holiday season.
- This holiday season, guests will be able to find Santa in all four theme parks plus Disney Springs.
- After the initial announcement that the new self-selection program for the Disability Access Service would begin alongside Disney Genie on October 19, Disney has released an update.
- The Disneyland Monorail will once again be available to guests at Disneyland Resort beginning tomorrow, October 15.
- French Market Restaurant is also getting in on the fun of the 20th anniversary of Haunted Mansion Holiday with two menu items.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- Sweetheart Cafe is usually home to a themed sandwich when seasonal events roll around, and this year’s scaled-back Disney Halloween 2021 is no exception.
- The latest style of Apple Watch Bands for guests to choose from is inspired by “Beauty and the Beast.”
- New apparel and other merchandise themed to Disney’s Contemporary Resort have arrived at Fantasia Market, celebrating 50 years of the resort.
- A new limited edition jumbo pin celebrating 20 years of Haunted Mansion Holiday is now available at Disneyland.
- If you’re a fan of Mickey balloons but don’t want to carry one around, this new Mickey balloon wand is another cute option for a Disney souvenir!
Entertainment and Media
- Disney has just released a new poster and trailer for “Olaf Presents.”
- A new trailer has been released for the new Disney+ Original Series ‘Hawkeye,’ along with the announcement that the first two episodes will debut simultaneously on November 24.
- “Adventure Thru the Walt Disney Archives,” which premiered exclusively to D23 Gold Members last summer, is coming to Disney+ on November 19.
- The Japanese mobile game “Twisted Wonderland” will be adapted into an anime to premiere on Disney+.
WDW News Today
- TONIGHT on WDW News Tonight (10/14/21): Bad Orlando Billboards, 50 Biggest Moments in WDW History, Movies We Wish Had Lands, and More!
WDW News Tonight – 50 Biggest Moments in the History of Walt Disney World
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!