We bring you a lot of stories every single day, and sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we’ve rounded up all our stories in one place to get today’s news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Friday, March 12, 2022.
Walt Disney World
- A number of major attractions like Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, and the Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover were down this morning due to a supposed power issue.
- Work continues at the base of the structure at Journey of Water inspired by “Moana”.
- Plant installation has begun in the Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind courtyard.
- Imagineer Zach Riddley also revealed a closer look at some of the details inside Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind’s load area.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- The refurbishment on Restaurantosaurus in DinoLand U.S.A. has finally been completed. and the restaurant has reopened fully.
Walt Disney World Hotels & Resorts
- The Electrical Water Pageant start time will move to 8:15pm starting March 13.
- Two new restaurants are on their way to Disney’s Boardwalk Inn, with The Cake Bake Shop by Gwendolyn Rogers replacing ESPN Zone and The Boardwalk Bakery transforming into a sandwich shop.
- Also at Disney’s Boardwalk Inn, the lobby and guest rooms will undergo some refurbishment in the coming months.
Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser
- While the drinks during the optional (and free!) Cantina Chronicles experience aboard the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser may not be the best, it’s still a fun story opportunity if you come back from Batuu early.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Hours have been extended at all four Walt Disney World theme parks for late March and early April.
- We got a full look at all the St. Patrick’s Day delights already available or on their way to Walt Disney World.
- Showtimes are out officially for the return of “Disneyland Forever” and the “Main Street Electrical Parade” on April 22!
- Wonder no more about which delicious treats are coming to Disneyland Resort for St. Patrick’s Day, we have full details!
- Before its closure earlier this week, Cast Members gathered in Mickey’s Toontown for one last farewell!
- Those looking for a more simple treat when they visit Disneyland can try this delightful Strawberry Marshmallow Mickey Pop.
- Disneyland is going to improve traffic flow around New Orleans Square before the return of “Fantasmic!” in May.
- Mickey Main Street Popcorn is now being sold in resealable containers.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- Today we comemmorate 11 years since the disastrous Great East Japan Earthquake, and we shared the story of the incredible Cast Members at Tokyo Disney Resort who cared for nearly 20,000 guests forced to shelter overnight in the two parks.
- A shimmering new line of merchandise to celebrate the Grand Finale of Tokyo DisneySea’s 20th Anniversary “Time to Shine!” celebration is on its way June 1!
- We got our first look at the Avengers Campus entry marquee sign ahead of the land’s grand opening this summer.
- We dug up lots of new Flower & Garden Festival merchandise at EPCOT today, so be sure to check it all out!
- Those looking to add a bit of a Mexican flair to their Disney kitchenware should take a look at this new line we spotted at EPCOT.
- A new Disney Parks x Lilly Pulitzer merchandise collection will launch on March 14.
- Also new in merchandise is a Vera Bradley collection themed to “The Little Mermaid” coming March 15!
- The ever-growing Play in the Parks line at Disneyland Resort got some new additions today.
- Just in time for the film’s release, some new “Turning Red” items have made their way to Disneyland Resort.
Entertainment & Media
The Walt Disney Company
- CEO Bob Chapek today apologized for his silence and late response on denouncing the controversial “Don’t Say Gay” bill, also known as the Parental Rights in Education bill.
- In the wake of this controversy, Disney has announced they will pause political donations in Florida for the time being.
WDW News Today
Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser – Second Voyage Review with Tom
The Gang Sinks A Submarine – WDWNT The RPG Tokyo Rift Ep. 3
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!