We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Wednesday, April 27, 2022.
Walt Disney World
- It’s time for a Sunday stroll and we are strolling around EPCOT! Let’s get going in the latest photo report.
- We’re still a month away from the May 27 opening of Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind at EPCOT, but Disney shared a sneak peek inside the ride!
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster at Disney’s Hollywood Studios remains closed after initially going down on Monday morning.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- The 50th anniversary refillable mugs available at Walt Disney World Resort hotels have been redesigned and feature new lids with Mickey heads on them.
- Due to routine maintenance near the permanent bus stop, guests will instead pick up buses at the porte cochère of Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa starting tomorrow.
- Some 30th anniversary merchandise from Disneyland Paris is now available in the France Pavilion of EPCOT.
- Show everyone you believe in fairies with this new Tinker Bell shoulder plush from Walt Disney World.
- Give your super mom a Pandora charm featuring Elastigirl from “The Incredibles” this Mother’s Day.
- On our latest visit to Walt Disney World, we found plenty of pins to add to our collection, including homages to the Disney classics “The Rescuers” and “Gargoyles.”
Other Walt Disney World News
- In honor of “Halfway to Halloween,” Disney PhotoPass at Walt Disney World is launching a new The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror lens and updating The Haunted Mansion ride photo.
- Special Fourth of July fireworks did not return to Walt Disney World in 2020 or 2021, but it’s possible we will see them back this year.
- Reedy Creek supervisors stated during a meeting this Wednesday that they are having trouble securing funding for previously announced solar arrays for Walt Disney World.
- It was announced today that MagicBand+ will come to Walt Disney World later this year.
- As we reported last summer, Walt Disney World is installing a new digital billboard to feature artwork on International Drive.
- Guests will once again be able to dine at the Tomorrowland Skyline Lounge in Disneyland Park starting May 20, 2022.
- Keep your cards safe during your next theme park trip with this new “hunny” pot-inspired RFID blocking cardholder.
- Some of the “Alice in Wonderland” merchandise collection from the U.K. Pavilion of EPCOT has arrived at Disneyland Resort.
- Summer is right around the corner, and Disneyland Resort is rolling out new seasonal food and beverages to celebrate the sunshine, including the new Pineapple Tres Leches Churro.
- Bake some delicious cupcakes with help from this new cupcake merchandise collection available at Disneyland Resort.
- Alex and Ani has three new bracelets inspired by Disney Princesses Cinderella, Belle, and Ariel available at Disneyland.
- A new Loungefly Minnie ear headband featuring characters and icons from Disney Parks has arrived at Disneyland Resort.
- Howard Johnson Anaheim Hotel and Water Playground is throwing it back to an icon of Tomorrowland past with a recently-opened suite themed to the “House of the Future.”
- A new travel mug inspired by the poison apple from “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs” is now available at World of Disney in Downtown Disney District.
- Flo’s V8 Cafe at Disney California Adventure is now serving a limited-time spicy guacamole bacon cheeseburger.
- Disneyland Resort has confirmed that the Paradise Pier Hotel will receive Pixar theming.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- The Oriental Land Company has announced that the classic Space Mountain attraction at Tokyo Disneyland is to be replaced with an entirely new version of the attraction, set to open in 2027.
- Disneyland Paris has announced limited-time offerings for “Star Wars” Day on May the 4th.
Disney Cruise Line
- Bookings for summer 2023 Disney Cruise Line sailings will open to the general public on May 9, 2022, at 8:00 a.m. ET.
- Disney Cruise Line will be sailing to Alaska, Europe, the Bahamas, and Caribbean in summer 2023, with bookings opening on May 9, 2022.
Entertainment and Media
- In an interview with IndieWire, Disney animator Eric Goldberg said that Walt Disney Animation Studios will be returning to 2D animation soon.
- Advance ticket sales for “Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness” have reached $42 million.
- Today, the title for the second “Avatar” film and information about the trailer was announced at CinemaCon.
- The original 2009 “Avatar” film will be returning to theaters on September 23, with remastered picture and audio.
- During Cinemacon today, Disney showed off the schedule of their upcoming films, which revealed the logo for the upcoming “The Haunted Mansion” film.
- Fans will now have the chance to live in their own Disney world with a new life simulation game, Disney Dreamlight Valley, launching in early access this summer.
- The full schedule for Star Wars Celebration Anaheim 2022 is now available.
- Disney has released a new poster and trailer for the upcoming “Chip ‘n Dale Rescue Rangers” film.
The Walt Disney Company
- Walt Disney Imagineers and executives gathered in Rancho Mirage, California, yesterday for the groundbreaking of the first Storyliving by Disney community.
WDW News Today
1992 Tour of Main Street U.S.A. at Disneyland Paris – Timekeeping Disneyland Paris #3
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!