We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Sunday, August 14, 2022.
Walt Disney World
- In previous years we’ve seen the Not-So-Poison Apple Cupcake available during Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party, but for the 2022 party Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies put a new spin on the treat and turned it into a milkshake!
- A new milestone has been reached at TRON Lightcycle / Run in the Magic Kingdom, as the ride has begun testing with weights.
- Another exclusive treat available during the 2022 Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party is the Monster Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich!
- The Sanderson Sisters are once again performing alongside Disney Villains during “Hocus Pocus” Villain Spelltacular at Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. Unfortunately, the debut of this show was shortened due to inclement weather, but check out what we saw!
- Available exclusively during the 2022 Mickey’s Not Scary Halloween Party at the Golden Oak Outpost is the Spellbinding Fried Pie!
- Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, which started on Friday evening, certainly has many new treats, merchandise, and experiences for us this year, but we did notice some characters removed from Mickey’s Boo-To-You Halloween Parade.
- Cadaver Dans are back from the undead for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party.
- If you’re looking for a spooky twist on classic treats, stop by Cheshire Café in Fantasyland for the Binx Pastry Tail and the Cold Witches Brew Coffee.
- Earlier, we got a first look at the 50th anniversary commemorative lithograph that will be available during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2022, and at the first party Friday night, we were lucky enough to snag one ourselves!
- As part of the entertainment for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, you can find some live “pirates” waiting for you when you visit the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction!
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Hooray for Hollywood! Today we are here at Disney’s Hollywood Studios looking for all things new. Without any further ado, let’s go.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- A welcome sight was found along the shores of Crescent Lake today, as scaffolding is coming down around the lighthouse at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort, signaling the end of its refurbishment.
- An iconic Disney dessert has taken Spirit Jersey form: the Mickey’s Premium Ice Cream Bar.
- Fans of The Haunted Mansion can now rest in peace with a new pajama set and pants available at Walt Disney World.
- Celebrate your favorite Disney duck with this new Limited Edition Dooney & Bourke Donald Duck MagicBand.
- In addition to the “Hocus Pocus” and Mickey Halloween merchandise collections, Walt Disney World has some new “Star Wars” and Marvel Halloween merchandise.
- On August 1, this new The Haunted Mansion Lego set was released. Since then, it has been sold out on shopDisney.com and LEGO.com, but today we found it in Walt Disney World!
- Two more sweet Mickey’s Premium Ice Cream Bar items have landed in Magic Kingdom.
- Wake up from your siesta to check out these new Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room ears at Magic Kingdom Park!
- Series 8 from Mickey Mouse: The Main Attraction features Dumbo The Flying Elephant to be released on shopDisney and in the parks.
- A new Jasmine inspired backpack by Danielle Nicole was found at Souk-Al-Magreb in the Morocco Pavilion in EPCOT.
- Betsey Johnson has a new Halloween Mickey necklace available at Disneyland Resort.
- Arrr! Several new open edition Pirates of the Caribbean pins have sailed into Disneyland Resort.
- The EARidescent Shimmer Loungefly mini backpack and Minnie ear headbands have finally arrived at Disneyland Resort.
- More of the French lavender Minnie Mouse merchandise collection has sprouted up in Disneyland Resort.
- We found four sweatshirts featuring Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Daisy at Disneyland Resort this week.
- Autopia appears to have suffered a hit-and-run accident on the concrete track.
Entertainment and Media
- “ROGUE ONE: A Star Wars Story” is going to be re-released in select IMAX theaters on August 26 and will include an exclusive look at the new Disney+ Star Wars series “Andor.”
- The cast of “Home Economics” on ABC is at Disneyland this week filming the season three premiere of the show.
- Porsche has designed a one-of-a-kind edition of their Porsche 911, called the “Sally Special”. It is inspired by “Sally Carrera” from the Disney/Pixar movie Cars, and is being auctioned off later this month.
- “The Hulk” movie rights could be returning to Disney in June 2023.
- In an interview with SiriusXM, Oscar Isaac expressed that he would be open to doing more “Star Wars” work “if there was a great story and a great director.”
- If you’ve ever wanted to match with a Marvel super hero, now’s your chance. In promotion for the new Disney+ series, She-Hulk now has a Tinder profile.
WDW News Today
- WATCH PARKSCENTER — We Discuss the ‘Unfavorable’ Disney Guest MIX, Magic Keys, and Halloween Horror Nights!
We Discuss the “Unfavorable” Disney Guest MIX, Magic Keys, and Halloween Horror Nights! – ParksCenter
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!