We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Thursday, September 29, 2022.
Walt Disney World
- Disney Springs remained closed today as the damage from Hurricane Ian was still being assessed.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- All new hotel reservations at Walt Disney World have been suspended through October 2.
- There was minimal damage and flooding at resorts around Walt Disney World after the worst of Ian passed overnight.
- It wasn’t long before the hurricane meal kits were suspended and proper quick service dining returned to service across Walt Disney World.
- The period for waived cancellation fees related to Hurricane Ian has been extended.
- We got our first sneak peek at a new EPCOT 40th Anniversary Figment plush coming soon!
Other Walt Disney World Resort News
- Roads around Orlando International Airport today were closed due to flooding from Hurricane Ian.
- Early in the day, Disney issued a short statement about their post-Ian plans but remained quiet for the time being.
- The hurricane later was downgraded to a tropical storm as it passed over Florida.
- More than 12 inches of rainfall was observed at Walt Disney World during Hurricane Ian.
- We later learned that Walt Disney World will conduct a “phased reopening” post-Ian to ensure the safety of guests and Cast Members while resources are still thin and damage is still assessed.
- Cast Members will begin to be called back starting at 9:00p.m. tonight to prepare the parks for reopening.
- Phased does really mean phased, as all four parks will reopen in phases tomorrow. You can look at the full hours for September 30 here.
- New Park Passes for tomorrow were only available for Resort Hotel guests and day ticket holders, not Annual Passholders.
- Orlando International Airport will resume operations starting tomorrow afternoon for commercial flights.
- We found a new pineapple jack-o’lantern glow cube as part of a Dole Whip at Disneyland!
- There’s new park-themed Starbucks tumblers for both Disneyland and Disney California Adventure available now at the World of Disney.
- Plenty of new pins are available this week at 20th Century Music Company in Disneyland.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- For the third year in a row, Tokyo Disney Resort has cancelled their annual New Year’s Eve party amid continued budget cuts.
- The resort will however hold its annual New Years greetings at both parks and sell Thumper-themed merchandise for the year of the rabbit.
WDW News Today
Disney is Officially Making a Figment Movie! – NewsToday 9/28
Tom’s Amazon Haul | Country Bears, Carousel of Progress
🔴LIVE Walt Disney World Parks Still Closed Due to Hurricane Ian with Tom
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!