We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Monday, January 23, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- Splash Mountain closed permanently last night at the Magic Kingdom and some people are taking advantage of the attraction’s permanent closure by auctioning off “Splash Mountain water” on eBay.
- With Splash Mountain officially closed, the Walt Disney World Railroad has updated the audio to omit the previous references.
- In addition to the updated audio on the Walt Disney World Railroad, the Liberty Square Riverboat has also removed the Splash Mountain portion of the dialogue.
- The permanent closure has ushered in new maps that reflect the eventual change to Tiana’s Bayou Adventure.
- Construction walls have been erected at Splash Mountain with references to the future Tiana’s Bayou Adventure replacement.
- The official shopDisney Twitter account has offered a sneak peak at a Walt Disney Studios Water Tower Lamp being released as part of the Disney100 Eras Collection.
Other Walt Disney World News
- The Disney Skyliner has closed through the rest of the week for its scheduled annual refurbishment. This closure affects both the EPCOT line and the Disney’s Hollywood Studios line
- A new Disney100 Mickey statue is available at Disneyland Resort, along with a Minnie plush and Rubik’s Cube.
- More details have emerged on the new “Wondrous Journeys” fireworks spectacular, set to light the skies above Disneyland for the first time this Friday, January 27.
- The virtual queue that guarded sales of the Magic Key has been removed from the Disneyland website, as three of four tiers remain available for purchase.
- We’ve taken our first taste of Wrapped With Love, which may just have the best drink of the 2023 Lunar New Year Festival at Disney California Adventure.
- Lucky 8 Lantern has returned to the Lunar New Year celebration with an all-new menu. Check out our review of this returning food marketplace to see if this is a menu you might like to try.
- Longevity Noodle Co. introduces Raspberry Oat Milk Tea to the 2023 Lunar New Year Festival and we were happy to give it a try.
- Special for the festival, Sonoma Terrace has added a Pad Thai Spring Roll to the menu that’s sure to put a spring in your step.
- Lucky Fortune Cookery is offering a Mango Sticky Rice that’s more savory than it is sweet.
- The White Chocolate Apple Bread Pudding continues a streak of delicious treats for Pacific Wharf Café, offering an irresistible addition to Lunar New Year offerings.
Entertainment and Media
- The first round of celebrity guests has been announced for Star Wars Celebration Europe. The 2023 event will be held at the Excel Center in London from April 7 through 10.
The Walt Disney Company
- Charissa Gilmore, Disney General Entertainment (DGE) senior vice president of corporate communications, is exiting The Walt Disney Company. In response, Naomi Bulochnikov-Paul and Candice Ashton are being promoted, Variety reports.
WDW News Today
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!