On Twitter this evening, Disney Parks posted a rather cryptic video showing a list of high scores which correlate to key dates in the TRON franchise history, and may have possibly alluded to TRON Lightcycle / Run’s opening date.
The tweet shows a top 10 high score list, which includes “US — 13212023,” possibly a reference to TRON Lightcycle / Run opening at the Magic Kingdom on either March or April 21, 2023. The number 1 could just be to push that score to the top, making it March 21, 2023. Or it could be 1+3, meaning April 21, 2023. Considering the likely meaning of line 10, we believe it’s the latter.
The full list correlates as follows:
- BI — 14,007,645, a reference to the highest score ever recorded for the TRON arcade game
- US — 13,212,023, a possible hint to TRON
- TL — 12,172,010, opening date of “TRON: Legacy” (12/17/2010)
- JB — 12,041,949, Jeff Bridges’ birthday (12/4/1949)
- MK — 10,011,971, the Magic Kingdom’s open date (10/1/1971)
- DL — 7,171,955, Disneyland’s open date (7/17/1955)
- KF — 7,091,982, opening date of the original “TRON” (7/9/1982)
- LB — 7,049,504, we’re still not sure on this one.
- SD — 6,162,016, Shanghai Disneyland’s open date (6/16/2016)
- CM – 4,482,023, possibly alluding to Cast Member previews from 4/4 to 4/8, 2023.
We had already reported on rumors that TRON Lightcycle / Run would open in the spring, although it seems we’re quite close to getting an official reveal! If you’re really excited, you can check out our full video of TRON Lightcycle Power Run, the original version from Shanghai Disneyland, below. You can also read our latest construction update for the status of the attraction.
Let us know when you hope the attraction opens in the comments below!