We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Tuesday, March 7, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- Disney has begun to remove 50th-anniversary decorations from Magic Kingdom as “The World’s Most Magical Celebration” nears its end.
- A new mural featuring Star Jets, Astro Orbiter, and other Tomorrowland icons has been added beneath the newly redesigned clock at Tomorrowland Light & Power Co.
- Figment has been spotted living his best life along EPCOT’s Living With the Land! A miniature, dark purple dragon can be seen peeking out of a flower bed alongside a neon rainbow light and a pair of pyramids.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- In a release to travel agents, Disney addressed the reduced number of Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser voyages that will be available to guests.
- The 2023 Easter egg display is up in the lobby of Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, featuring chocolate “eggs” that have all been decorated by Cast Members at the resort and draw inspiration from different Disney films, parks, and more.
- The Grand Cottage has also returned to Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa with themed treats for the 2023 Easter season.
- Couch and bench cushions in the lobby of Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort have been reupholstered, soon after all new rugs were placed in the lobby.
- Chairs and carpeting have been replaced in the public areas of the Boulder Ridge Villas building of Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, but the new replacement furniture is void of theming.
- New shirts and hoodies have landed at Star Traders in Tomorrowland this week, showing off Walt Disney World with three new retro designs.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Since 1984, guests have been lining up at Disney Parks for one of the most popular delicacies — the Dole Whip. Now, this signature Disney Parks treat will soon be available in local grocery store freezer aisles. No Park Reservations required.
- Disney Parks Chairman Josh D’Amaro shared his thoughts on the new Central Florida Tourism Oversight board taking over Reedy Creek Improvement District.
- D23 says in a new post that the “Avatar” experience coming to Disneyland Resort will be “as amazing” as Pandora – The World of Avatar at Walt Disney World Resort.
- Catal Restaurant and the Uva Bar & Cafe in Downtown Disney District will be closing soon as the shopping and dining district continues to be reimagined.
- Shanghai Disney Resort released a new teaser video of red panda Meilin Lee from “Turning Red,” who is now appearing for a character meet and greet in the park.
Entertainment and Media
- The full schedule of panels, discussions, and more has been released for Star Wars Celebration Europe 2023.
- A new report regarding the future of “Star Wars” on the big screen reveals that the Kevin Feige and Patty Jenkins “Star Wars” films have been shelved. Taika Waititi and Rian Johnson both show promise for future projects, but it appears Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy may be the next filmmaker to deliver a “Star Wars” film.
The Walt Disney Company
- Bruce Vaughn is returning to Walt Disney Imagineering as Chief Creative Officer effective March 20, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
- With the return of Bruce Vaughn, Walt Disney Imagineering will begin to be restructured.
- Vaughn’s return to WDI may be the best Disney news in years, signaling that the importance of creativity is being recognized once again within the Walt Disney Company.
WDW News Today
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!