We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Monday, March 13, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- Disney has shared a look at the food and beverages coming to the Energy Bytes TRON snack kiosk set to open soon.
- The Lunching Pad in Tomorrowland has debuted a new breakfast menu including a Breakfast Bowl and Sticky Bubble Bread and we had to give these new breakfast offerings a try.
- New Queso Fundido, Banh Mi, and Cuban Hot Dogs have also arrived at The Lunching Pad and you’ll want to read this full review, as well.
- As crews continue the cleaning of Space Mountain, scaffolding has now been removed from the tallest spire.
- During our recent voyage on “it’s a small world” at Magic Kingdom, we noticed the backdrop of the “shimmering” finale scene is nearly in ruin.
- The Magic Kingdom “Art of Disney” location has moved to Town Square Theater on Main Street, U.S.A.
- Graphics for TRON Lightcycle / Run and the nearby Energy Bytes snack kiosk have been added to the Magic Kingdom map on My Disney Experience (the Walt Disney World app).
- Pirates of the Caribbean has been down for much of the past two days and the attraction is not expected to open for the remainder of the day.
- Miniature Test Track and Land Pavilion displays have been added to Living With the Land.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Walt Disney World has released a full video tour taking guests through the all-new Toy Story Roundup Rodeo BBQ for the first time.
- Walt Disney Imagineering shared a new video showcasing more of the theming elements and dishes coming to Roundup Rodeo BBQ when it opens on March 23 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Two new decorative flats have been added to the roof of Roundup Rodeo BBQ in Toy Story Land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- We took a tour of a 5th sleeper guest room in the Alligator Bayou section of Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort to give you a firsthand look.
- It’s been a year since Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser opened at Walt Disney World Resort and our own Tom Corless has experienced the unique, immersive hotel three times to give an honest, full review.
- Disney announced the Disney100 ‘The 1930s’ Decades Collection, featuring merchandise from “Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs” and “The Band Concert,” will be available on March 20.
- A new Rock ‘N’ Roller Coaster MagicBand+ is now appearing at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Two new glass Disney100 mugs by the Arribas Brothers are now available at Walt Disney World.
- LEGO has released three new Indiana Jones-themed Lego sets that reimagine famous scenes from past Indy films that are sure to help celebrate the finale of the movie franchise.
- A brand new collection of Ariel Dooney & Bourke bags arrived this morning at Walt Disney World.
Other Walt Disney World News
- While riding the Disney Skyliner, guests have reportedly found many strange things left behind, but we’ve never heard of a fish — until now. On a recent visit to Walt Disney World, one Reddit user found a full fish hitching a ride.
- Disney Parks shared a video on TikTok of their “life-size” tiny Tinker Bell technology.
- As spring break season gets started, Genie+ at Walt Disney World tied its record highest price again on Sunday.
- In a new video shared on Facebook, Chris and Hannah Martin, owners of “Sparkling Dreamers”, have disclosed more information about their ban from Disney Parks amidst an ongoing lawsuit filed by the Walt Disney Company.
- Disney Live Entertainment has shared a behind-the-scenes tech walkthrough of Disneyland’s recently debuted “Wondrous Journeys” nighttime spectacular, showcasing the team responsible for the show’s projections, pyrotechnics, and special effects that bring the magic of Disney’s centennial celebration to life.
- Cate Blanchett, who plays Marvel’s Hela, Goddess of Death, in Thor Ragnarok, made a surprise appearance at the Avengers Campus in Disney’s California Adventure Park.
- Guests can take a little bit of the Disney 100 Years of Wonder celebration home with a new Disney100 Cinderella’s Coach Premium Popcorn Bucket at Disneyland.
- Props from within the brand-new Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway queue continue to go missing at Disneyland Park.
- Disneyland Cast Members added to the magic of the newly reopened Toontown with the addition of two new register stands that embrace the land’s theming.
- EngineEar Souvenirs, the Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway gift shop in Disneyland, is already being vandalized like the attraction’s queue.
- In the upcoming month, Daniel Delcourt will resign as the Chief Operating Officer (COO) of Disneyland Paris, and his responsibilities will be taken over by Christophe Murphy.
- Walt Disney Company CEO Bob Iger and Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Chairman Josh D’Amaro will be visiting Disneyland Paris on March 16, 2023, the 21st anniversary of Walt Disney Studios Park.
Entertainment and Media
- Viewers got the first look at the official trailer for Disney’s live-action remake of “The Little Mermaid” as part of last night’s 95th Academy Awards.
- Marvel Studios will continue “digging into the dark side” of its universe with more horror projects like “Werewolf by Night” and “Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.”
- Damon Lindelof’s ‘Star Wars’ movie is reportedly the next film of the franchise to be released.
The Walt Disney Company
- The family of Rolly Crump, Disney Legend and notable Imagineer, has announced his passing at age 93.
- Today, the Walt Disney Company announced the promotion of former human resources executive, Sonia Coleman, to Senior Executive Vice President & Chief Human Resources Officer.
WDW News Today
Ear Headband Reseller Trespassed from Disney World, TRON Restaurant, Small World in Disgusting State
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!