We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Saturday, March 18, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- We took a swing through EPCOT’s many construction sites today and noticed in particular that much paving had been done around the Journey of Water inspired by “Moana” site in World Nature.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Springtime is here at Walt Disney World, and that means the annual Easter Egg display is back at Disney’s Contemporary Resort!
- The full menu and opening date has been released for Rosa Mexicano, the newest restaurant at the Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin Resort.
- Construction is still full steam ahead on the Sago Cay building of Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.
Other Walt Disney World Resort News
- As the 50th Anniversary comes to a close, guests can now get their popcorn in a special Disney100 popcorn carton.
- In an effort to boost environmental sustainability, Walt Disney World guests will phase out plastic bags and require guests to buy reusable bags instead.
- The newly-reimagined Mickey’s Toontown was added to the Disneyland App map this morning.
- Many guests tried to rope drop Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway this morning only to find the entire area was closed for a media event without any notice to visiting guests.
- Disney held a rededication ceremony for Mickey’s Toontown this morning.
- At EnginEAR Souvenirs, we found the previously-announced remote control Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway ride vehicle toy
- Good Boy! Grocers opened today with the soft opening of Mickey’s Toontown, and we got our hands on the Perfect Picnic souvenir basket and blanket, perfect for a relaxing afternoon in CenTOONial Park.
- Also available at Good Boy! Grocers are these adorable new character sippers with slushes.
- Speaking of CenTOONial Park, we got our first really close look at the new fountain centerpiece of the park as well!
- The newly-rethemed Chip ‘n’ Dale’s Gadget Coaster opened to guests today as part of the soft open for Mickey’s Toontown.
- We tried every single food and drink item at the new Café Daisy so you know what’s worth your hard-earned cash.
- And if you’re lucky when you visit Café Daisy, you might even get to meet Daisy Duck herself as she checks in on her customers!
- Stop on by the popcorn cart near Mickey’s House to pick up a new “Yummy” El CapiTOON Theater popcorn bucket.
- You can also take a tour of Goofy’s How-to-Play Yard, a detailed play area for kids age 2-12.
- Feeling peckish? You can now get Power Limes, Golly Pops, and Scrooge McDuck Chocolate Coins as real snacks, not just displays in the Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway queue.
- Several new pressed pennies are available for Disney100 and “The Nightmare Before Christmas” at Le Bat en Rouge in New Orleans Square.
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!