We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Saturday, April 22, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- Guests were caught today using the fountain at the France pavilion to cool down.
- Another Disney100 icon has been installed, this time at EPCOT. But in the park for the first time, rather than at the entrance.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- A Disney100 icon was installed here too, finally giving all four parks a photo spot!
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- We were on hand for the 25th Anniversary of Disney’s Animal Kingdom today! First on the list was a special commemorative guidemap.
- There was also a special ceremony this morning to celebrate the park’s silver jubilee!
- Starting today, guests can meet Moana in a special new greeting area in Discovery Island.
- Chow down on the Colossal Elephant Roll for a nice weekend breakfast!
- Opening day Cast Members at Disney’s Animal Kingdom were celebrated today for their 25 years of noble service.
- Another greeting opened today, for Mira, Royal Detective from the Disney Junior show of the same name.
- On the attraction’s 25th birthday, we found one of Flik’s eyes in It’s Tough to Be a Bug to be very broken.
- Construction continues on the refurbishment of Sunglass Hut, with no opening date in sight.
- Check out the new Pumbaa popcorn bucket for the 25th Anniversary of Disney’s Animal Kingdom!
- A pin and dated t-shirt were also available today for the anniversary.
- Over at Disney Springs, we found a new “Encanto” Loungefly backpack.
Other Walt Disney World Resort News
- French Market is still surrounded by scrims as its transformation into Tiana’s Palace continues.
Entertainment & Media
- The role of David has already been recast in the live-action remake of “Lilo and Stitch,” and director of the original Chris Sanders is in talks to return for the film as the voice of Stitch.
- Barry Humphries, the voice of Bruce in “Finding Nemo,” passed away today.
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!