We’ve compiled a full list of everything that’s been announced to be available at tomorrow’s special Earth Day and 25th Anniversary Celebration at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
25th Anniversary Ceremony
Guests who arrive at Disney’s Animal Kingdom early enough tomorrow will be treated to a special ceremony, taking place at the stage near the Tree of Life as pictured above, The details of what will be covered have been kept secret, but we do know that it is intended to honor the 25th Anniversary Celebration of Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
According to Cast Members, guests should plan on arriving at 7:45 a.m. in order to be in the park by the time the ceremony begins at 8:30 a.m. It is rumored that guests may be permitted to enter Disney’s Animal Kingdom a little earlier than usual because of the day’s planned festivities, but this is not an official statement.
Special Character Meet and Greets
Meet and greet opportunities have been frequent and varied at Disney’s Animal Kingdom since the celebration began. Disney plans to increase the momentum for this tomorrow as well for the party.
Welcome Moana at Discovery Landing
As we reported earlier, Moana will be available for a meet and greet at Discovery Landing for the first time ever. New music is now included in the park loop to prepare for her arrival.
Don’t miss our video of the new loop for Moana’s meet and greet debut. The new tunes include an instrumental of her main song, “How Far I’ll Go,” as well as music typically heard at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort:
Mira, Royal Detective in Asia
Mira, Royal Detective from the show of the same name, is the first South Asian protagonist featured in a Disney Junior show. She will be available for guests to meet tomorrow at Disney’s Animal Kingdom in Asia.
Additional Meet and Greet
We know there will be an additional meet and greet opportunity tomorrow at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, but the details on who will be available are not yet released.
If you’d like to see our recent coverage of the special meet and greet opportunities from earlier this week, take look below:
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: Tinker Bell, Fawn, King Louie, and Baloo Meet and Greets at Disney’s Animal Kingdom 25th Anniversary Earth Day Celebration
- PHOTOS: Meet & Greet Featuring Terk and Jane for Disney’s Animal Kingdom 25th Anniversary Earth Day Celebration
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: Goofy in Throwback Camp Minnie-Mickey Costume and Flik Character Meet & Greets for Disney’s Animal Kingdom 25th Anniversary
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: Atta From ‘A Bug’s Life’ Meet & Greet for Disney’s Animal Kingdom 25th Anniversary
Animal Kingdom 25th Anniversary Merchandise
Take a look at the other limited-edition 25th Anniversary Celebration merchandise currently available here.
The Disney’s Animal Kingdom 25th anniversary collection is now available for a limited time at Island Mercantile, Discovery Trading Company, and Mombasa Marketplace.
All of the merchandise features the Disney’s Animal Kingdom logo and the “25,” logo, which looks like it’s comprised of tree branches. Of course, they also feature animals like elephants, and maybe a few hidden Mickeys.
The collection includes a Spirit Jersey, tumbler, pocket tee, and button-ups. A limited edition Earth Month pin is also available now at retail locations throughout the park.
A new exclusive event shirt and pin will be available for tomorrow only. The designs for these have not been released.
Earth Day Treats for Disney’s Animal Kingdom
A variety of special treats and beverages are available as well for this anniversary celebration. Let’s take a look at what’s being offered in the park.
Creature Comforts (Available March 28 through April 30)
- Bee Hive Mousse Dome: Honey mousse on top of a brownie base with sugar bees and white chocolate honeycomb (New)
- Rum and Pineapple Cocktail: Parrot Bay Coconut Rum, Blue Curaçao Liquor, sour mix, pineapple juice garnish with pineapple wedge showcasing the ocean. The drink takes its name “bahari” from the Swahili word for “ocean.”
Flame Tree Barbecue (Mobile order available)
- Flamingo Cupcake: Strawberry cake, strawberry compote filling, guava buttercream, pink crispy pearls, sugar flamingo, and white chocolate wings (Available starting March 28)
- Bubbling Pink Lagoon: Strawberry lemonade, Sprite, and kiwi flavoring (Also available with glow cube and available with vodka for guests 21 and over) (Available March 28 through April 30) (New)
Nomad Lounge (Available March 31 through April 30)
- Gin and Bitters Cocktail: Cruxland Gin, bitters, and soda water garnished with a lemon wheel and honey simple syrup Inspired by the use of strategically placed beehives to protect the crops of African farmers from elephants (New)
Pizzafari (Available March 28 through April 30; mobile order available)
- Elephant Cupcake: Graham cracker cake, pineapple filling with matcha buttercream, crispy pearls, and a stunning white chocolate elephant celebrating Earth Month (New)
- Viva Gaia Tonic: Minute Maid Zero Sugar Lemonade, Sprite, and cotton candy flavor with mint leaves (Also available with glow cube and available with vodka for guests 21 and over)(New)
Restaurantosaurus (Available March 28 through April 30; mobile order available)
- Elephant Cupcake: Graham cracker cake, pineapple filling with matcha buttercream, crispy pearls, and a stunning white chocolate elephant celebrating Earth Month
Tamu Tamu (Available March 28 through April 30)
- Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail Sundae: Brownie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, caramel sauce, and trail crunch mix topped with a white chocolate image of Kejana (New)
- Roasted Mushroom & Leek Pizza: Plant-based offering with IMPOSSIBLE Meatballs, roasted mushrooms, braised leeks, and a dash of truffle oil (New) (Plant-based)
- Bee Mini-cupcake included with buffet
- A variety of plant-based items including Cauliflower Bunny Chow, Black-eyed Pea Salad, IMPOSSIBLE Bobotie, Feisty Green Beans, Tandoori Tomatoes, Carrot and Chickpea Salad, Jollof Rice with Plant-based Sausage, Garlic-leek Hummus, and Harira Soup
Available at Isle of Java, Terra Treats, Thirsty River Bar, and Outdoor Ice Cream Carts (Available March 28)
- Tiger Eye Gold: Refreshing, light golden ale brewed with a blend of malt and rice and finished with hops from the Pacific Northwest that impart a hint of citrus flavor and the aroma of mandarin orange blossoms
Available at Dawa Bar, Eight Spoon Café, Restaurantosaurus Lounge, Thirsty River Bar, TriloBites, and Warung Outpost (Available April 2 through 30)
- Honey Bee Citrus Ale: Celebrating our pollinators, this ale is a light, slightly sweet, honey ale with a crisp clean finish
For the full list of treats offered throughout Walt Disney World Resort in addition to Disney’s Animal Kingdom, check out our full writeup here:
Additional Anniversary Menu Offerings
These treats will be available exclusively on April 22.
The Colossal Elephant Roll (above) will debut exclusively on April 22 at locations throughout Disney’s Animal Kingdom, as will the 25th Anniversary Alive with Magic Cupcake (below).
Make sure you check out the new Pumbaa popcorn bucket set to debut tomorrow, too:
Animal Kingdom 25th Anniversary PhotoPass Opportunities
Disney PhotoPass Service are currently offering Earth Month and 25th anniversary photo ops. These include special props, Magic Shots, and more.
The 25th anniversary sign prop is made out of recycled materials, including upcycled sign backers, Cast Member costumes, and patches.
The Animation Experience & Wilderness Explorers
During the entire month of April, guests visiting The Animation Experience at Conservation Station can learn to draw characters like Dumbo, Terk from “Tarzan,” Crush or Bruce from “Finding Nemo,” Tigger from “Winnie the Pooh” or Simba from “The Lion King.”
Until April 23, Wilderness Explorers have the opportunity to earn a special badge by completing a limited-time nature challenge.
Wild at 25: An Unauthorized Field Trip
Join us for “Wild at 25: An Unauthorized Field Trip,” an event presented by WDWNT celebrating the 25th anniversary of Disney’s Animal Kingdom! We welcome you and your friends and family to attend this get-together at the park on April 22, 2023. The event will consist of free-to-attend meet-ups at some of Animal Kingdom’s attractions and shows on April 22, as well as a free-to-play interactive game for actual prizes. We can’t wait to see you there.
Will you be visiting Disney’s Animal Kingdom for its anniversary celebration and morning ceremony? We hope you’ll join us for our meet-up! We’d love to read about your plans in the comments below.