We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Wednesday, May 17, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- One more golden turret topper came off Cinderella Castle today as the 50th Anniversary decorations are removed.
- For more than a week, the Gaston and LeFou fountain in Fantasyland has been bone dry.
- From this afternoon, the fire-breathing effect on Maleficent has been turned back on in the “Festival of Fantasy Parade.”
- We headed out to try the family-style Akershus Royal Banquet Hall Princess Storybook Dining breakfast meal, and we have thoughts.
- Fear not, we also returned for a try of the lunch and dinner menu as well.
- With the removal of the last “Harmonious” barge, the World Showcase Lagoon has been restored to its former glory.
- Floyd Pepper from The Muppets took a trip to EPCOT recently to ride Spaceship Earth.
- A new MagicBand+ featuring the live action “The Little Mermaid” is now on sale.
- There’s a ton of new pins on sale, including the Figment Artist Series, Marvel, Disney Afternoon, Star Wars, and much more.
- We found several new Disney Pride 2023 items on sale at the Magic Kingdom.
- Disneyland Resort partnered with the OC Forum to show off their plans for DisneylandForward and pitch them to local business leaders.
Hong Kong Disneyland
- Hong Kong Disneyland will officially return to daily or near-daily operations starting next month.
The Walt Disney Company
- CFO Christine McCarthy said today they intend to use Disney+ viewing habits to influence theme park expansions going forward.
- Four new Disney Lorcana cards have been revealed themed to animal companions.
- And speaking of card games, we also got a look at the new Star Wars: Unlimited game.
WDW News Today
Bob Chapek Being Sued for Lying to Shareholders, Discount Disney World Tickets – NewsToday 5/17
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!