We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Wednesday, May 10, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- The final 50th anniversary bunting was removed from Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom.
- A new Disney100 Cinderella coach popcorn bucket will be available at Magic Kingdom tomorrow.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- A man went on a stealing spree at Disney Springs, and was caught with stolen wardrobe, driver’s licenses, Social Security paperwork, and a toy ‘Coco’ guitar.
Other Walt Disney World News
- DeSantis’ CFTOD Board passed an enforcement citation program resolution to issue fines to ‘all groups & legal entities’ in the District, including Walt Disney World, private individuals, and children.
- Glen Gilzean officially began his role as Central Florida Tourism Oversight District Administrator with a $400k annual salary.
- The American Disney Parks’ no-fly-zones were proposed to be removed in new Congressional legislation sponsored by Lauren Boebert & Marjorie Taylor Greene.
- The CFTOD Board also passed a resolution creating lobbyist rules & regulations.
- We dove into the new Sand Pail Sundae at Typhoon Lagoon today, give it a try!
Tokyo Disney Resort
- A new line of nostalgic ‘Memory-Go-Round’ 40th anniversary merchandise will arrive in June at Tokyo Disney Resort.
- Shanghai Disney Resort has had a successful post-COVID comeback as its ‘Zootopia’ expansion nears completion.
Entertainment and Media
- Kathleen Kennedy says Taika Waititi and Rian Johnson are still working on Star Wars films, with Lando & Rogue Squadron projects still planned.
- We received a first look at Jamie Lee Curtis as Madame Leota’s floating head in the upcoming ‘Haunted Mansion’ movie.
- Jonathan Majors appears in a virtual hearing, and could face up to one year in prison amid domestic violence allegations.
- Disney+ lost 4 million subscribers in Q2 2023.
- Disney will roll out a combined app for Disney+ and Hulu this year.
- Price increases are coming to the ad-free Disney+ Premium tier subscription, while the basic tier is coming to Europe this year.
The Walt Disney Company
- Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products made $7.78 billion in revenue during Q2 2023.
- The Walt Disney Company announced nearly $22 billion in Q2 2023 revenue.
- CEO Bob Iger says Disney is ‘closely evaluating’ theme parks for expansion opportunities.
- Iger also predicts Disney will ‘meet or exceed’ its $5.5 billion cost-cutting goal.
- Domestic Disney Parks will expect lower revenue in Q3 without the Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary.
- Iger reiterated the company’s stance on the DeSantis lawsuit, saying it’s only about retaliation.
News Today: Guests Become Disney Parks Custodians with Vacation Package, More Drunken Violence at WDW – NewsToday 5/10
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!