We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Friday, July 7, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- We spotted “Good Morning America” filming in Magic Kingdom this morning for the final segment of their Main Street, U.S.A. series.
- The red lighting effect that was added to the hearse in The Haunted Mansion at Magic Kingdom earlier this year is now broken or turned off.
- A Georgia man was arrested for battery after he was accused of randomly groping a Magic Kingdom Cast Member.
- Now that the EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival 2023 has officially ended, topiaries, decorations, and more are being removed from the park.
- Years ago, before Frozen Ever After was even a thought, before “Frozen” existed as a film, Imagineer Peter Carsillo was asked to take a look at the aging Maelstrom attraction in the Norway Pavilion of EPCOT.
- The 2023 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival presented by CORKCICLE is right around the corner, and new details have been unveiled by Disney today, including a first look at merchandise.
- Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and Beaker of The Muppets will be joining the International Food & Wine Festival at EPCOT this year with their own “Brew-Wing Lab” — inviting guests to taste new flavors.
- Disney has announced four new global marketplaces in addition to some returning favorites to commemorate the 100th anniversary of Disney at the EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival 2023.
- Menus have been released for the Global Marketplaces at the upcoming EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival 2023.
- A new Figment Annual Passholder exclusive collection is coming to EPCOT for the 2023 International Food & Wine Festival.
- Construction continues at EPCOT, but now something new has been spotted: the spires near CommuniCore Hall have been adorned with a Spaceship Earth-style pattern.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Blue Ribbon Corn Dogs, which currently has a stand at the Downtown Disney District in Disneyland Resort, will be opening a new location at Disney’s BoardWalk in Walt Disney World Resort later this year.
- Two new limited time release figurines for Mickey and Minnie Mouse are now available for preorder at Crystal Arts by Arribas Brothers in Magic Kingdom.
- Two new merchandise collections have debuted at the France Pavilion in EPCOT this week: the Minnie Macaron collection and the Paris collection.
- The Haunted Mansion Trend collection has debuted early at Disneyland.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- Baymax from “Big Hero 6” is helping Tokyo Disneyland guests stay cool this summer with a new cavalcade: Baymax’s Mission Cooldown.
- Extra water features have been turned on for the “Drenched in Toontown” summer event at Tokyo Disneyland, which began on July 4 and will last through September 6.
Entertainment and Media
- “Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny” had a disappointing opening weekend, making just $60.4 million at the domestic box office over July 4th weekend.
- A new Disney100 LEGO camera set including a Walt Disney Minifigure, plus Minifigs of more classic characters, has been announced.
The Walt Disney Company
- The D23 website has revealed a couple of new panels for the upcoming Destination D23 event in September, including a panel for EPCOT to commemorate its recent overhaul and one for the 25th anniversary of Disney Cruise Line.
WDW News Today
Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade: DreamLights (2023 Updated Version)
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!