We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Monday, August 21, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- Disney has announced the dates for the next round of Cast Member previews of Journey of Water, Inspired by “Moana” at EPCOT. There were limited previews in July and registration will open on August 22 for previews in September.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Times have been added to the My Disney Experience app for The Mandalorian and Grogu’s appearances in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- The Sassagoula River Cruise water transportation service will be temporarily unavailable for a short period later this month.
- shopDisney has shared a first look at the upcoming Disney100 Decades 1990s collection, which includes a Loungefly backpack inspired by “A Goofy Movie.”
- The 1980s Disney100 Decades collection has arrived at Walt Disney World, which includes a “Rescue Rangers” ear headband and Loungefly mini backpack, as well as “Oliver & Company” plush.
- The new Mickey Mouse Dooney & Bourke collection inspired by the first-ever Mickey cartoon, “Plane Crazy,” is now available at Uptown Jewelers in Magic Kingdom.
Other Walt Disney World News
- A TikTok video of a verbal altercation between a Magic Kingdom Cast Member and guests went viral this week, leading to the Cast Member being fired.
- Walt Disney World’s My Disney Experience app now offers a filter feature on the Disney Genie Tip Board to view only attractions and shows that use Disney Genie+ Lightning Lane.
- Disneyland Resort has released the full menu for Plaza de la Familia, a “Coco”-inspired celebration that will return to Disney California Adventure in honor of Día de los Muertos.
- All Legacy lightsaber hilts at Dok-Ondar’s Den of Antiquities in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland are currently 30% off.
- Some walls have been moved and removed at the Frontierland entrance area at Disneyland Park, creating a wider route that Disney describes as a “new trail to Frontierland.”
- The 1980s Disney100 Decades collection has arrived at Disneyland Resort. Let’s take a look at everything it has to offer.
Entertainment and Media
- The Star Wars: Unlimited starter decks will be revealed on August 23, 2023, via a livestream scheduled for 2:00 p.m. ET on the Fantasy Flight Games YouTube channel.
- Disney has announced their first-ever physical releases of Disney+ original shows, which includes “Loki” season 1, “WandaVision,” “The Mandalorian” season 1, and “The Mandalorian” season 2.
The Walt Disney Company
- The Central Florida Tourism Oversight District issued a press release stating they have submitted a referral to the Florida Inspector General hoping to eliminate employee benefits for district employees like complimentary Walt Disney World passes and discounts.
- Later that same day, a leaked email from an anonymous source revealed that the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District had already ended the Walt Disney World Annual Pass program for their employees with no prior notice.
WDW News Today
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!