We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Tuesday, August 22, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- All Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party dates through Sunday, September 17, 2023 are now sold out.
- “Brave” tapestries have been removed from the entrance to the Fairytale Garden area in Magic Kingdom as it is transformed into Casita Madrigal from “Encanto” for a Mirabel meet and greet.
- TikTok user Disney Parks Live (^!^~~ was able to playtest Journey of Water, Inspired by “Moana” at EPCOT and shared a video of their experience.
- Earth has been removed from the entrance area of Mission: SPACE at EPCOT for refurbishment.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Work is starting to wrap up on the guest floor railings overlooking the lobby of Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.
- A new LEGO Minifigures blind box series and advent calendar themed to Marvel are both set to release next month.
- Add “one little spark” to your fridge with this new Figment magnet available at Walt Disney World.
- A “Robin Hood” MagicBand+ has arrived at Walt Disney World as part of the 1970s Disney100 Decades collection released last month, while a Roger Rabbit pin has joined the recently-released 1980s Disney100 Decades collection.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Central Florida Tourism Oversight District (CFTOD) Administrator Glen Gilzean Jr. has resigned from his position as chairperson of the Florida Commission on Ethics after it was discovered he had violated a rule of the Commission by taking the District job.
- 2024 Disneyland Resort vacation packages will be available beginning on Thursday, August 24, 2023. Vacation packages include theme park tickets and a resort hotel stay at one of the hotels of the Disneyland Resort. (Sponsored)
- Rogers: The Musical at Disney California Adventure did not use virtual queue for its first two performances today. Instead, only the standby queue was available.
- For the rest of today, Rogers: The Musical at Disney California Adventure did not use the virtual queue for any of its remaining showtimes.
- With San Fransokyo Square’s opening date just a little more than a week away at Disney California Adventure, the last-minute touches are starting to appear throughout the land, including the Torii Gate Bridge and various signage being added. Let’s take a look.
- Radiator Springs Racers in Cars Land at Disney California Adventure is temporarily closed for refurbishment, and we spotted crews hard at work on the ride.
- While on a recent visit to Disney California Adventure, we decided to check out some of the menu items at Paradise Garden Grill that were added earlier this summer.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- Tokyo Disney Resort will once again have costume changing rooms during “Disney Halloween” this year, but the offering is no longer free.
- Shawarma is finally available at the Parisian Avengers Campus! The food famously enjoyed by the Avengers after the Battle of New York is now on the menu at Super Diner in Avengers Campus at Walt Disney Studios Park in Disneyland Paris.
Hong Kong Disneyland
- Hong Kong Disneyland has released another piece of World of Frozen concept art ahead of the land’s November 2023 opening.
Entertainment and Media
- As Disney Lorcana rolls out to the masses, fans are finding a problem with the booster pack box packaging.
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!