We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Thursday, September 14, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- A new sign has been added next to the test seats near the entrance of TRON Lightcycle Run in Magic Kingdom, warning guests that the seating may prevent some guests from riding and encouraging everyone to confirm they can fit in the seat.
- A day before the Mirabel meet and greet opens at Magic Kingdom, “Encanto” decorations are still being added to Fairytale Garden.
- Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks Dessert Party is returning to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party this winter.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Walt Disney World has released the dates for and list of attractions that will be available during Disney’s Animal Kingdom Extended Evening Hours later this year.
- Work on Island Mercantile at Disney’s Animal Kingdom continues, as another set of registers has been curtained off for removal.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Florida has granted Walt Disney World a 5-year extension on a permit related to Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge, a Disney Vacation Club resort that was thought canceled amidst the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The walkway connecting Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort and Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa is currently closed due to construction of the new Disney Vacation Club tower at the former resort.
- After reopening earlier this year after a 10-month-long refurbishment at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Narcoossee’s is temporarily closing once again.
- A souvenir experience is now available at Crystal Arts, the Arribas Brothers location in Magic Kingdom. Starting at about 11:00 a.m. each day, guests can create their own “Crystal Wish Keepers” by filling glass wands, slippers, or other curios with the colored crystals of their choice.
- shopDisney has shared a first look at the “Beauty and the Beast” ear headband that will be part of the 1990s Disney100 Decades Collection, which will be released online and in Disney Parks on September 18.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Have you ever considered buying into Disney Vacation Club? If you travel to the Disney Parks often enough, buying into DVC may be a better value proposition than you think. (Sponsored)
- New “Big Hero 6” collectible medallions are available in San Fransokyo Square, the land formerly known as Pacific Wharf in Disney California Adventure.
- Disneyland Resort has announced an opening date for Avengers Vault, a new retail location coming to Avengers Campus at Disney California Adventure.
- Last month, we reported that Space Mountain would be closing for refurbishment at Disneyland Park starting September 18. As of today, September 14, a reopening date has been announced.
- The documentation for DisneylandForward has been updated and offers a closer look at what Disney may or may not do with the allotted land should the project move forward.
- Pumpkin-spiced donuts are once again available at Lamplight Lounge in Disney California Adventure for the fall.
- A colorful and delicious chocolate sculpture paying homage to Disney and Pixar’s animated film “Coco” is now on display at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa for the Halloween season — and it’s made out of chocolate.
- Unique Haunted Mansion and Queen of Hearts artwork is currently available at the Disneyana shop in Disneyland.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- Even though Disney Halloween officially begins on September 15 at Tokyo Disneyland, we visited the park a day early to check out all of the Halloween decorations.
Disney Cruise Line
- The Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC) has ended their COVID-19 vaccination and testing requirements for cruising and Disney Cruise Line has followed suit for upcoming Australian sailings.
Entertainment and Media
- Alongside the first look at Disney Lorcana: Rise of the Floodborn, the game’s second chapter, Lorcana announced they would release a special Disney100 Edition featuring cards signed by Disney animators.
- The upcoming “Star Wars” Lando series starring Donald Glover is no longer a series — it’s going to be a movie.
- Marvel Studios visual effects workers have voted unanimously in favor of unionizing with the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees (IATSE).
- Disney Lorcana: Rise of the Floodborn and Disney100 Edition products were on display during the Big Christmas Press Show in the U.K. this week.
- The Walt Disney Company expects Disney+ to fall millions of subscribers short of its 2024 goal, Orange County Register reports.
The Walt Disney Company
- The Walt Disney Company has issued a new statement in response to reports in the media regarding the sale of its ABC network and TV stations.
- Recent announcements from Storyliving by Disney about their Cotino community include Laughing Place Ranch, a reference to “Song of the South” and Splash Mountain.
WDW News Today
- Tonight, don’t miss the internet’s only comedy show about Disney Parks! Join us at 9 p.m. ET for a recap of the latest news, the return of “Where in the World is Tom Corless?”, and more!
TONIGHT on WDW News Tonight (9/14/23): Figment is Risen! Find ‘Where in the World is Tom Corless’ & Win a 4-Night Disney World Vacation
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!