We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Sunday, November 19, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- TRON Lightcycle Run is showing its age just eight months after opening in the Tomorrowland section of Magic Kingdom. We recently noticed an extensive buildup of filth around the exterior of the high-speed roller coaster.
- The retro tourism posters near the Purple Wall in Tomorrowland at Magic Kingdom have been replaced.
- Since our last check-in on Tiana’s Bayou Adventure at Magic Kingdom, we’ve seen even more greening to the exterior of the remodeled Splash Mountain.
- Space 220 Restaurant at EPCOT is set to get new trading cards that will be personally delivered to diners by Executive Chef Marc Kusche.
- Summer House on the Lake, a new restaurant joining the lineup at Disney Springs, has had its facade revealed on one side as construction walls have been removed from the area.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- The winter holidays are in full swing at Walt Disney World Resort, and we stopped to try a new sweet treat at Roaring Fork at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge: a Peppermint Igloo.
- In honor of the 95th birthday of Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Café Daisy in the Mickey’s Toontown area of Disneyland Park saw the reveal of a limited-release birthday cupcake.
- Walt Disney Imagineering has released a video documenting their recent playtest involving roaming BD droids at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland Park.
Hong Kong Disneyland
- The MTR Disneyland Resort line train connecting Sunny Bay to Hong Kong Disneyland Resort is now decorated in honor of World of Frozen, which opens in just a few days.
Disney Cruise Line
- A new collection of Disney Cruise Line merchandise featuring art by Joey Chou is available across the fleet.
- Mickey and Minnie’s Merrytime Tree Lighting is a a new tree lighting ceremony on the Very Merrytime Cruises. We attended the show on the Disney Magic, but it is performed on every ship.
Entertainment and Media
- “Wish” has the weight of the world — or, more aptly, castle — on its shoulders.
- “The Marvels” earned just $10.2 million at the domestic box office in its second weekend, dropping 79% from its already underwhelming opening weekend take of $47 million, per Variety.
WDW News Today
Fiesta en La Calle Live Entertainment at Disney Jollywood Nights
More Characters at Jollywood Nights
Rise of the Floodborn Release Day! – Ripping Packs with Nana
Disney Makes Changes to Jollywood Nights, More World of Frozen and a Festival of the Arts Preview!
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!