We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Friday, December 1, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- Crews have added even more Spaceship Earth-inspired paneling to the exterior of CommuniCore Hall, almost completely covering one wall.
- Bruce the shark swam back onto the mural of The Seas With Nemo & Friends in EPCOT this week, bringing the refurbishment of the mural to an end.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- The gateway to the now-closed Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios has been blocked off with props after guests have been tying ribbons to it in honor of their experience on the Halcyon.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Walt Disney World Annual Passholders will have another opportunity to pick up the complimentary Oswald and Figment magnets they may have missed.
- After more than five months since it was initially teased, D23 Gold Members can finally get an exclusive collectible coaster celebrating “Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny” at Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar in Disney Springs.
- Before opening to the public, eet by Maneet Chauhan held a ribbon-cutting ceremony at Disney Springs on Friday morning.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Set sail for a tropical hideaway long after your Walt Disney World vacation ends with this new edition of the HippopotoMai-Tai blue tiki mug, now available from Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort.
- A 2024 Loungefly mini backpack has arrived at Walt Disney World Resort to go with the 2024 pins and ear headband previously released.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Three Republican lawmakers walked out of an Orange County legislative delegation meeting on Wednesday, while others didn’t attend at all.
- Walt Disney World is sending Annual Passholders a gift that keeps on giving this holiday season — wrapping paper and gift tags!
- It’s Friday, which means Walt Disney World has extended their upcoming theme park hours again. But this time, EPCOT is getting some love with an extra hour on New Year’s Eve.
- Walt Disney World Annual Passholders will be able to pick up a complimentary “Wish” poster for a limited time this month.
- New reports suggest that the upcoming refurbishment of “World of Color – ONE” at Disney California Adventure appears to have been slightly extended.
- A new menu item has arrived in San Fransokyo Square at Disney California Adventure, which reminds us of a similar snack from Tokyo DisneySea — the Gyoza Sausage Bun!
- Magic Key holders will be able to pick up a complimentary “Wish” poster at Disneyland Resort next week, from December 4 through December 8, 2023.
- Smokejumpers Grill in Disney California Adventure will begin serving breakfast on December 6.
Disney Cruise Line
- Today is the first of World of DVC’s 10 Days of Enchanting Deals! For today’s deal, when you use DVC Rental Store and swap 500 or more points, you can get a bonus of 75 points to use toward your amazing vacation! (Sponsored)
Entertainment and Media
- Ahead of today’s wide release of Disney Lorcana: Rise of the Floodborn, Ravensburger canceled plans to include online sales of Rise of the Floodborn in Europe and the UK, redistributing stock to other channels.
- Amazon’s virtual queue for Disney Lorcana: Rise of the Floodborn purchases was supposed to open at 9 a.m. PST / 12 p.m. EST, but it took an hour and a half for the virtual queue to open for all three products available.
The Walt Disney Company
- The Walt Disney Company Board of Directors has amended their bylaws regarding the “nominations of directors by outside parties.” The altered policies have been implemented as activist investor Nelson Peltz of Trian Fund Management seeks two seats on the company’s board.
WDW News Today
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!