We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Tuesday, December 12, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- There have been significant changes to the exterior of Tiana’s Bayou Adventure at Magic Kingdom in the past few weeks since our last construction update. Let’s take a look.
- In a video shared by TikTok user Theme Park Vibes, a Florida man and his group of guests were removed from the Soarin’ queue at EPCOT after they cut to the front of the line and proceeded to loudly shout expletives at other guests.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Work continues on the new building in the Grand Avenue section of Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Let’s check out the latest construction update.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Kali River Rapids at Disney’s Animal Kingdom will be closing for its expected refurbishment in January 2024.
- While visiting Walt Disney World Resort this week, we spotted new Mickey Mouse icon pins for each of the four theme parks and one Walt Disney World pin that celebrates all four parks, available at various locations throughout the resort.
- If you’ve ever secretly wished you could be a part of Disney’s iconic barbershop quartet, The Dapper Dans, you’re in luck because Walt Disney is offering two unique apparel options inspired by their Main Street, U.S.A. looks.
Other Walt Disney World News
- The Breeze Airways “Disney to Disney” flights connecting travelers between Walt Disney World and Disneyland will resume after a months-long pause on travel.
- Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park closed early today, December 12, after being open for just two hours due to cold weather.
- The My Disney Experience and Disneyland Resort apps recently received updates to add park reservation visibility and bring updates to Mobile Ordering.
- World of Color — ONE at Disney California Adventure was originally set to resume performances in March 2024, but the refurbishment has reportedly been shortened to just 11 days due to a lack of nighttime entertainment around the parks.
- Any Mickey-shaped balloon enthusiasts have a new option to add to their collection! We found this new opalescent white Mickey Balloon Sipper at China Closet in Disneyland Park.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- Tokyo Disney Resort has announced reservation dates and room types for the new Tokyo DisneySea Fantasy Springs Hotel.
- Tokyo Disney Resort has announced a 1-Day Passport: Fantasy Springs Magic that will guarantee guests access to Fantasy Springs, the new eighth port opening June 6, 2024, at Tokyo DisneySea.
Entertainment and Media
- It’s game over for the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), as Entertainment Software Association, the company behind the event, has announced it is permanently canceling the video game expo.
- Marvel Studios has announced that a Black Panther animated series, “Eyes of Wakanda” will premiere on Disney+ in 2024.
The Walt Disney Company
- In their latest motion to dismiss Disney’s federal lawsuit against Florida Governor Ron DeSantis and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District (CFTOD) board as hearings begin, attorneys for DeSantis are arguing that it doesn’t matter if the state of Florida acted in retaliation against Disney.
WDW News Today
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!