We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Tuesday, December 5, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- Disney has finally replaced or covered the last few 50th anniversary medallions on gold Fab 50 Character Collection statues in Magic Kingdom.
- Imagineers revealed that Figment will appear in the new nighttime spectacular at EPCOT.
- To celebrate today’s debut of “Luminous: The Story of Us” nighttime spectacular at EPCOT, a new merchandise collection has arrived at Walt Disney World Resort.
- Today is finally the day — the construction walls around World Celebration Gardens at EPCOT have come down, allowing guests to stroll through and explore this new section of the park.
- With today’s opening of World Celebration Gardens at EPCOT, a new park guidemap has been released featuring the area, and the My Disney Experience app has been updated to include the gardens on its map.
- With today’s grand opening of the World Celebration Gardens, a new background music loop composed by Pinar Toprak has debuted at EPCOT for the park’s entrance and the World Celebration neighborhood.
- The 2023 EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays commenced on November 24, bringing with it the return of holiday storytellers across the World Showcase neighborhood of the park.
- Take a nighttime photo and video tour of the new World Celebration Gardens, complete with light-up pavement.
- With just a few weeks left in the year, Disney has officially confirmed that CommuniCore Hall and CommuniCore Plaza have been delayed until 2024.
- After months of anticipation, behind-the-scenes looks, and a delay past Disney’s actual 100th anniversary, “Luminous: The Symphony of Us” has finally premiered at EPCOT. Click here to see our full show video and photos.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- This holiday season at Walt Disney World Resort has welcomed an all-new event to Disney’s Hollywood Studios: here’s our full guide to Disney Jollywood Nights in 2023, including entertainment, food, character greetings, and merchandise.
- An opening date still has not been announced for Summer House on the Lake at Disney Springs, but any day now, guests should be able to enjoy the new restaurant’s menu — which has been shared in full on the Disney Springs website.
- There are Little Golden Books inspired by attractions like Pirates of the Caribbean and The Haunted Mansion, characters like Figment and the Orange Bird, and the parks in general like The Little Man of Disneyland and Mickey’s Walt Disney World Adventure.
- More of the new 2024 dated merchandise collection has arrived at Walt Disney World.
- We’ve rounded up a selection of board games inspired by classic attractions like The Haunted Mansion, “it’s a small world,” and Jungle Cruise.
Other Walt Disney World News
- The Central Florida Tourism Oversight District (CFTOD) has shared a new 80-page report that accuses Disney of giving the former Reedy Creek Improvement District (RCID) gifts and benefits that were “akin to bribes of public officials.”
Entertainment and Media
- Pixar’s straight-to-Disney+ releases from over the pandemic — “Soul,” “Luca,” and “Turning Red” — will be coming to theaters after their previous streaming-only releases.
WDW News Today
The WDW News Today Podcast – Episode 11: Disney and Communist China
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!