During the EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays, the park features a small gingerbread display inside The American Adventure rotunda. Before 2021, the gingerbread display included several Washington D.C. monuments in one display. Beginning in 2021, the display was changed to three separate gingerbread houses inspired by the Lincoln Memorial, the Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial, and The American Adventure itself.
The American Adventure Gingerbread Display
Guests can enter The American Adventure even if they aren’t seeing the show, which is performed periodically from 11:45 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
The Voices of Liberty also perform as Dickens Carolers in The American Adventure during the EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays.
The three gingerbread houses are in display cases against the back wall, with the two memorials flanking the pavilion.
The gingerbread houses are decorated with hidden Mickeys, red flowers, holly, and Christmas trees.
The hidden Mickeys are sparkling gold and some are more obvious than others.
There are tiny figures of people enjoying the winter of Washington D.C.
Some figures are throwing snowballs. There’s a snowman and a dog wearing a wreath.
The American Adventure display includes the pavilion’s sign with a golden eagle statue.
A snowman and Santa figure are in front of the doors.
A spiral Christmas tree is on the fountain.
A dog is putting a letter in a “Letters to Santa” mailbox outside the pavilion.
Dickensian figures are on the balcony.
The real-life Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial opened in 2011, while the Lincoln Memorial was dedicated nearly a century earlier in 1922.
There are more snowmen and people in front of the gingerbread Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial.
There are tiny wreaths on tiny lampposts.
An EPCOT gingerbread pin featuring Figment is also available.
The 2023 EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays runs through December 30. Offerings include holiday storytellers, holiday kitchens, the Candlelight Processional, and a Santa Claus meet and greet.
Check out the other Walt Disney World gingerbread displays:
- PHOTOS: New Gingerbread BoardWalk Deli and Sweet Treats Arrive at Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
- PHOTOS: Gingerbread Lighthouse Completed, Disney100 Decorations Added to Christmas Village at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
- PHOTOS: 2023 Gingerbread Castle Celebrates Disney100 at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- PHOTOS: See the 2023 Gingerbread Display and Treats Available at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- PHOTOS: Gingerbread Giraffe and Zebra, Christmas Tree, and More Decorations Return to Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
- PHOTOS: DuckTales-Inspired Gingerbread Carousel Opens at Disney’s Beach Club Resort