We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Thursday, January 18, 2024.
Walt Disney World
- The bathrooms located behind the Frontierland Train Station at Magic Kingdom are now closed due to construction on the queue for Tiana’s Bayou Adventure.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- It appears that the thatched roof of the new potential covered seating area in the Africa section of Disney’s Animal Kingdom is nearly complete.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Big River Grille & Brewing Works is set to close this weekend at Disney’s BoardWalk.
- Disney followed up with a statement, confirming the closure of Big River Grille & Brewing Works, as well as announcing that food trucks would be coming to Disney’s BoardWalk to fill the dining gap.
- Crews have begun refurbishing the Niue building at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, along with the resort’s boat dock. We were there to check out the construction progress.
- A new MagicBand+ and Celebration Crew sweatshirt have joined the Play in the Park collection at Walt Disney World.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Walt Disney World has added 2024 dates to its Disney After Hours offering, specifically for Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, and Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Planning a Disney vacation can be overwhelming, even for the pros. But we’ve got a few tips to help make sure you’re armed with all the knowledge you need for your trip. (Sponsored)
- New concept art has been released for the upcoming “Turning Red” meet and greet with Meilin Lee and her mother Ming Lee at Disney California Adventure.
- Food booths with menus (and prices) have started to arrive at Disney California Adventure for the 2024 Lunar New Year Celebration.
- A pink polka-dot Mickey balloon popcorn bucket for Valentine’s Day 2024 is now available for purchase at Disneyland Resort.
- The Green Alien Macaron has arrived at Alien Pizza Planet in Disneyland Park, and we were there to try and review it.
- Disneyland Resort will be building new entry gates to Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure, with construction starting this year.
- Disneyland Paris experienced its first snow of the season, and the Disney Parks Blog shared photos of the flurry that has dusted the park.
Hong Kong Disneyland
- Tarzan’s Treehouse has reopened at Hong Kong Disneyland following a four-year closure. The attraction initially closed with the park in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Entertainment and Media
- The Walt Disney Company has rehired Brian Chapek, the son of former CEO Bob Chapek, at Marvel Studios.
The Walt Disney Company
- Nelson Peltz’s Trian Partners have officially begun their proxy fight to get seats on the Disney Board. In a new interview, Peltz said that he and fellow Board contender Jay Rasulo are “going to be Batman and Robin” for the company.
WDW News Today
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!