We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Wednesday, January 24, 2024.
Walt Disney World
- The floating candelabra has been temporarily removed from the Endless Hallway scene of the Haunted Mansion at Magic Kingdom.
- New signage, including a “Waterloo” crest, has been installed above the United Kingdom Pavilion restrooms at EPCOT.
- Work continues on the pavement around CommuniCore Hall and Plaza, as crews prepare for more light-up pavement in the area at EPCOT.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- A set of baby Cotton-Top Tamarin monkey triplets have been born at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- After not being allowed into the restaurant due to his swimming trunks, a drunk South Carolina man slapped a teenage Disney Cast Member at Citricos and threatened to sue the company as he was being arrested, according to a newly released arrest report.
- Construction is seemingly complete on the new building rumored to be for Cast Members at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground.
- The first layers of brown paint have been applied to the Monorail-facing side of the new Disney Vacation Club tower at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort.
- A new merchandise collection featuring Minnie Mouse and the Union Jack is now available in the United Kingdom Pavilion at EPCOT.
- Crystal Arts at Magic Kingdom has debuted new customizable pens as part of their Crystal Wish Keepers offering.
- The “Hurry Home” Lunar New Year pre-show for “World of Color — ONE” has returned to Disney California Adventure for 2024.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- Tokyo Disney Resort has released their 40th anniversary “Dream-Go-Round” Grand Finale merchandise, and we were there to see it all.
Disney Cruise Line
- New imagery has been released of the outfits that Mickey and Minnie will debut this summer at Disney Lookout Cay at Lighthouse Point.
The Walt Disney Company
- The Central Florida Tourism Oversight District has filed a new document asking the judge in Disney’s federal lawsuit against them to ignore a recent ruling that states Governor Ron DeSantis retaliated against someone for using their First Amendment rights.
- “Avatar” producer Jon Landau recently visited Walt Disney Imagineering headquarters to “talk about the future.”
WDW News Today
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!