“You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” – Walt Disney
The hardworking cast members of The Walt Disney Company get their moment in the spotlight in “One Day at Disney,” a new documentary series on Disney+ premiering with a feature-length film this Tuesday, December 3rd. And if that wasn’t enough, a brand new book of the same name will be released on the same day.
On February 21 of this year, 76 unique photo shoots took place around the world, as Disney dispatched photographers to capture images of the employees and cast members who drive creativity and innovation at The Walt Disney Company. From Shanghai Disneyland and ESPN to Pixar and the set of Modern Family, these spectacular photographs—and the stories behind them—will be featured in the hardbound, collectible book, written by Bruce Steele. Disney+ will launch its documentary series beginning with its feature-length film highlighting the fascinating and inspiring personal stories of 10 incredible people behind the enduring magic of Disney. Through the lens of CEO Bob Iger, the film follows each subject throughout their day for an intimate glimpse into their unique journey. The documentary is narrated by Emmy and Golden Globe award winning actor Sterling K. Brown.
Some of the employees and cast members featured in the documentary include:
- Eric Baker: The Walt Disney Imagineer who has overseen the creation of many of the intricately detailed props and lifelike creatures that inhabit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, the newest lands at Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts
- Ashley Girdich: A talented Walt Disney Imagineer who, as a Research and Development Project Manager, drives plans and helps teams execute some of the innovative robotics technology projects being created for Disney Parks around the world
- Eric Goldberg: The legendary animator known for creating the Genie in Aladdin and Phil in Hercules, directing Pocahontas, as well as for animating Mickey Mouse in the Academy Award-nominated short Get a Horse!
- Mark Gonzales: A Los Angeles native who works on the world-famous Disneyland Railroad
- Grace Lee: A senior illustration manager at Disney Worldwide Publishing who has worked on titles from Zootopia to Fancy Nancy
- Zamavus “Zama” Magudulela: The talented South African actor currently playing Rafiki in the Madrid production of phenomenally successful musical The Lion King
- Ryan Meinerding: Marvel Studios’ head of visual development who has worked on films including Avengers: Endgame and Guardians of the Galaxy
- Dr. Natalie Mylniczenko: The veterinarian who cares for creatures large and small at Walt Disney World Resort, including a number of endangered and threatened species.
- Jerome Ranft: The skilled Pixar artist who created detailed sculptures for animators to use as reference for such films as Finding Nemo, Toy Story 3, and Ratatouille
- Robin Roberts: The former ESPN sportscaster has been co-anchor of the Emmy® Award-winning, top-rated morning show, Good Morning America, since 2005
Following the debut of the special, every week Disney+ will release a “One Day at Disney” short, ranging in length between 4 to 7 minutes. The series will follow 52 diverse and unique cast members as they bring Disney magic to life. Each episode introduces a new subject providing an in-depth look into their personal journey and daily role at The Walt Disney Company.
“One Day at Disney” is from Endeavor Content’s Non-Scripted Division and executive produced by Michael Antinoro and David Chamberlin and produced by Victoria Chamlee.
“One Day at Disney” premieres December 3, 2019, streaming only on Disney+.
Want more about Disney+? Check out our reviews on such Disney+ orignals as Noelle, the Lady and the Tramp remake, as well as series like “The Mandalorian,” “High School Musical: The Musical: The Series,” “Forky Asks a Question” and “Pixar in Real Life,” and Pixar SparkShorts’ “Float!”