railroad station dl

CDC Issues New Guidance That Could Change Disney Parks Closure Length, Recommending Against Public Gatherings of 50 People or More For 8 Weeks Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic

A new guidance advisory has been issued by the CDC recommending against public gatherings of more than 50 people––for the next eight (8) weeks––due to the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.

Given that the parks are only slated to stay closed for just over two weeks, or through the end of the month of March, this may change the expected closure length for many parks and resorts.

Of course, at the moment this is only a recommendation by the CDC. Disney has succeeded in gaining exception (at least temporarily) over previous recommendations or bans on large gatherings before, as with the case of Disneyland Paris and Disneyland Resort.

We’ll be keeping our eyes on developments here in Florida and in California, as well as in Paris, and Tokyo, Shanghai, and Hong Kong regarding the COVID-19 outbreak’s effect on Disney Parks operations and beyond. For all of the latest Coronavirus-related Disney Parks news throughout the ongoing pandemic, continue to check here.

We will continue to update you as more information arises.

Loreena c.
Loreena c.
6 months ago

So do we get our money back for our passes we just purchased?

Caleb
Caleb
6 months ago

Thanks for the update! Even before this came out I had feeling we wouldn’t be able to go on our trip set for early May. I’m sure WDW will comply with the CDC’s recommendation.

Michelle Summers
Michelle Summers
6 months ago

Email from DVC this morning says Florida resorts are closing indefinitely. Hilton Head and Aulani remain open.

Anie
Anie
6 months ago

The recommendation is exempt for businesses.

Natasha
Natasha
6 months ago

So not that I’m complaining but how is it that a place like WDW can gain an exception when it causes thousands of people to gather? I was actually suppose to be there right now. Matter of fact, I would have been flying there now. What a bummer but this virus needs to be contained. Let’s home this happens soon!

Hayley Davis
Hayley Davis
6 months ago

I have searched and searched the CDC website- I swear this information has either been removed or changed. Am I missing something? The only definite recommendation posted that I can find is 15 days. Every link from every major news source sends me to the same link.