(C) Matthew Cooper Photography - www.thetimethespace.com

Guests with Park Reservations for Walt Disney World Will NOT Be Able To Park Hop Under New System

Yesterday, Walt Disney World released a slew of new policies to be implemented throughout the resort and its theme parks upon the reopening.

One of these new policies includes a theme park reservation system, where Guests will need a park ticket as well as a theme park reservation each day in order to visit. Also, it’s important to note that just because you are staying at a hotel on property, does not mean that you will have guaranteed themed park access.

Today, it seems new policy for park hopping has begun circulating among travel agencies. An email has gone out to clients with Virgin Holidays that reads:

“A new park reservation system

When the parks reopen, park attendance will be managed through a new park reservation system.

To enter a park, both a park reservation and valid admission for the same park on the same date is required. Reservations need to be made via My Disney Experience in the coming weeks. You can request one park a day. As customers won’t need to hop between parks, the hopper service is currently suspended.

This reservation applies for all confirmed tickets through 2020, so reserve your parks as early as possible to help plan your itinerary.”

Currently, Disney has not released how this will affect Annual Passholders and their ability to park hop. In fact, Disney has not released any official information regarding park hopping, so it has yet to be confirmed whether this policy will be in effect upon reopening. (So far, travel agencies have been amongst the first to be informed of any operational changes, however.)

Follow along with us at WDWNT as we continue to cover the Disney Parks as they reopen around the world.

3 4 votes
Jen
Jen
1 month ago

Where do you get your information?

Tom Corless
Admin
Reply to  Jen

Disney.

Brad
Brad
1 month ago

Hmm … well this comment specifically applies to me, so I’m not trying to say that anything needs to change at all just because it affects me.   As a local who needs excuses to get any kind of exercise at all, by far my favorite solo Disney visit is to park at DHS, enter at or near rope drop time, have a nice stroll around, and maybe enjoy an attraction or two. Then I leave, and walk along the waterway to the Boardwalk area, and into Epcot at or near the rope drop time for World Showcase. After a… Read more »

christopher cirino
christopher cirino
1 month ago

This is just more bad news especially for people only staying a few days I have been holding on to my trip in November but no fp and no park hopper may be the straws that push me over to Universal for my entire stay.I understand WDW can’t operate like it did 4 months ago but it is offering such a stripped down experience they would have to pay me to go at this point !

Buck9s
Buck9s
1 month ago

I wonder if I will be refunded for the Hopper part of my ticket that were March dated when we, hopefully, go in October?

Melinda Vanecek
Melinda Vanecek
1 month ago

If you can’t parkhop, as an AP, I want a, refund on the unused part of my ticket.

hmm
hmm

“won’t need to” lol

Robert
Robert
1 month ago

Hooray! I get to spend $200 more to renew my AP than it cost me to buy it in the first place, with absolutely no perks to the AP! It’s cheaper to buy tickets than an AP now, and that has never been the case. I may as well cancel my trip, I’m not spending $1200 to sit on my butt and watch basic cable TV. And they have the audacity to claim that passholders are their most valued customer. They’re Chapek’s for sure, he gobbles up that money. He’s obviously exploiting this COVID fear in a way that makes… Read more »

Last edited 1 month ago by Robert
Justin Staub
1 month ago

I suppose it would be too much to ask for them to refund guests’ Park Hopper options, then. Because money.

Judy D
Judy D
1 month ago

So are they refunding the premium paid for the PH ticket?

Wendy Mealing
Wendy Mealing
Reply to  Judy D

My july PH hasnt been refunded…just my dining plan. We shall see

Tom
Tom
1 month ago

The other thing that is frustrating is the fact that communication of the new policies is coming out in drive and drabs with each new communication getting progressively worse.

It’s like amateur hour in their corporate communications department.

Castaway RJ
Castaway RJ
1 month ago

I think Disney made the worst decision on not having guests park hop. I walked from DHS to EPCOT in August of 2019, now I won’t do it again thanks to Disney making a bad decision.

Last edited 1 month ago by Castaway RJ
Shelli
Shelli
1 month ago

Are all these changes only temporary ?

Tom Corless
Admin
Reply to  Shelli

Everything is until further notice.

Dawn Loren Vasquez
Dawn Loren Vasquez
1 month ago

Yet another horrible business move by Disney? Im so confused. First of all, CDC retracting almost EVERYTHING they said about covid and yet Disney is treating this like anthrax? Just have people sign a binding legal waiver and get back to business exactly like it was on Marc h 15th! extra cleaning and more hand washing/sanitizing stations and move on. Covid isn;t disappearing and next year it will be something else. Sadly i was so excited to get back to my happy place and support all our local servers (we eat at Disney restaurants at least 3-4 times a week)… Read more »

Tina M Budnik
Tina M Budnik
1 month ago

I am an annual pass holder and have been for years. I check the app and my email daily. I click on the blue links and I dont see anything even relative to making reservations. Everything seems so vauge. Can you tshed some light on where i find the place to make park reservations. I dont want to call them and ask stupid questions. Also I for the first time am making montly payments and mine didnt stop nor did they refund themonth of April? Again can you shed any light on this subject also. I figured the phone lines… Read more »

Preston
Preston
1 month ago

Disney continues to release cryptic – almost belligerent new rules that seem like nothing more than random outbursts. They seem to be a rudderless mess…NOTHING makes sense.

jnoel
jnoel
1 month ago

Thanks for the info Alicia. So do you think the statement “This reservation applies for all confirmed tickets through 2020” means that this reservation system is with us for at a minimum the next 6 months?

Last edited 1 month ago by jnoel
Chris Sullivan
Chris Sullivan
Reply to  jnoel

I saw in another travel agent leak that this reservation system is with us through 2021. If they are putting this much effort into this, it could be the new norm.