Guests Not Wearing Face Masks on Attractions Will Not Receive On-Ride Photo at Walt Disney World

Walt Disney World has established some pretty strict guidelines for its reopening regarding face masks at its various resort hotels and theme parks. Face Masks with ear loops are required for all guests over the age of 2, and as we’ve learned through recent updates, no gaiters will be allowed. Once inside the parks, face masks must remain on at all times, except when you’re actively eating or drinking, or inside a designated mask-free “Relaxation Station”. Masks must stay on for PhotoPass sessions, in queues, and especially on attractions. In fact, as a means of further enforcing this rule, guests who remove their masks on attractions will not receive their on-ride PhotoPass photos:

The on-ride photo station at the exit of Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin in the Magic Kingdom. Only guests who keep their mask on will have their photo show up for download or purchase.

We’ve received confirmation from various Cast Members at attractions that guests who remove their face masks while on an attraction will have their on-ride photo pulled and deleted from the PhotoPass system. Only guests who follow the rules and keep their face masks on at all times throughout the duration of the attraction will have their photo show up for download or purchase.

This has been established at all on-ride photo ops at the Magic Kingdom, including Splash Mountain, The Haunted Mansion, and Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin.

We’re told this rule has been applied to all on-ride PhotoPass opportunities throughout the four theme parks, and have since been able to confirm that this is also the case at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. We’ll inquire at EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios upon their reopening to ensure it’s also being enforced at those parks as well.

Do note that many guests have noted significant delays in seeing their PhotoPass photos appear under “My Photos” on My Disney Experience, but as long as you (and, well, everyone else in your ride vehicle) had their masks on, you should see them uploaded soon.

What do you think of this new form of face mask “enforcement” at Walt Disney World? Let us know in the comments.

3.9 11 votes
Notify of
guest

Nope
Nope
25 days ago

oh no. now i don’t get to buy a low quality printed photo for $29.99. What ever shall we do?

DEBORAH EDWARDS
25 days ago

my husband just asked me an interesting question. What if you are on a ride that has several riders and somebody takes their mask off, will your picture be deleted?

Bri
Bri
25 days ago

I would assume so. Same happens if someone in your boat on Splash Mountain takes off their shirt, no one gets the picture.

Jonathan Kennedy
Jonathan Kennedy
25 days ago

Not enough, kick them out of the parks.

lorraine cramer
lorraine cramer
25 days ago

I think if there is no contact with anyone elce outside, it seems like it should be fine outside. I dont actually care to have my picture taken with a mask on so guess the photographers will be just standing around if others feel this way too

EWinMB
EWinMB
25 days ago

I’m not there. I’m glad to hear this news though.

The rules are on trial after reopening.

Luke Henderson
Luke Henderson
25 days ago

It is a simple measure that will hopefully get people to keep them on

Danny Douglas
Danny Douglas
25 days ago

In fact, as a means of further enforcing this rule, guests who remove their masks on attractions will not receive their in-ride PhotoPass photos:

Well WOOP DE DOO. They should be given the boot, without a refund. Masked by force if necessary, and trooped to the gate. What is wrong with people? Hard headed, or as grandma said “like a rock”.

Gilbox Ghost
Gilbox Ghost
25 days ago

This sounds less like a punishment to people who take off their masks and more like a way to avoid photos of unmasked people in ride photos hitting social media and generating bad PR.

Tara
Tara
25 days ago

I want them all just ejected from the parks. Lose your ticket/annual pass immediately

Masks aren't going to save your life
Masks aren't going to save your life

How pathetic

Grow Up
Grow Up
24 days ago

No, but they will save someone else’s; be as stupid as you want, but don’t be selfish.

Wendy Weddleton
Wendy Weddleton
25 days ago

Well, NO PHOTO is a pretty serious consequence! Especially with record-breaking 15,299 new cases in Florida today!?!

Rajeev Patel
Rajeev Patel
25 days ago

LOL another reason to sit this out and wait until the financial losses force WDW to actually offer the public an enjoyable experience commensurate with ticket prices.

Doug
Doug
25 days ago

I dont see why taking it off for the picture and putting it back on cant be done. Who is gonna want to pay for family pics with masks on (outside of 1-2 pics just to document the time we are in right now)?

Trixie Columbia
Trixie Columbia
25 days ago

People should be removed from the park if not wearing an appropriate mask. They are putting everyone at risk.

Ronnie
Ronnie
25 days ago

I totally agree with Disney punishing people who sneak taking off their masks on rides. But then again why bother taking pictures on rides or photo pass areas at all? Who’s going to pay for photos of everyone in masks?

Ekaya
Ekaya
25 days ago

That is stupid. If I take my son to a theme park, I want pictures of his smiling happy face. Not of eyes and a stupid mask covering it everything. I’m sure disney can find a safe way for families to take pictures without masks. So, I guess amusement parks are out of the question till this stupid mask crap is over.

Karen
Karen
24 days ago
Reply to  Ekaya

Wow. Priorities

Bobby
Bobby
25 days ago

Wow. Bummer. If I were moron enough to be maskless, I don’t think this would push me back into compliance.

Traci
Traci
25 days ago

How about people who take off their masks are escorted to the gate

Mom
Mom
25 days ago

Those guest not wearing their masks should be escorted off the property.

Roc
Roc
25 days ago

This is a waste of money to pay someone to delete those photos. I guess it’s good for the person is getting paid. It would be better to spend on food service. I guess they are not getting much money from PhotoPass sales this year.