REMINDER: New Annual Passes Still Not Available at Walt Disney World

With the news that Disneyland Resort is ending their Annual Passholder program, many have been worried about Walt Disney World Resort Annual Passes. For now it seems that Walt Disney World will be keeping their Annual Passholder program, however no new passes are currently being sold.

This has been the case since last July when the parks first reopened following the COVID-19 closure. There is no timeline yet for when Annual Passes may go back on sale. For now, current Annual Passholders can continue to renew their pass as normal. Guests can do so at a Guest Relations window in Walt Disney World, via the V.I.PASSHOLDER Support line at (407) 939-7277 or (407) 560-7277, or online.

Premier Passes, which let guests into both Disneyland and Walt Disney World, are still valid through March 31, 2021. These passes will be canceled after that date, however, Premier Passholders will be able to renew into a Walt Disney World Resort Annual Pass through April 30, 2021.

For more information, check Walt Disney World’s Annual Passes: Know Before You Go page. Keep checking WDWNT for updates.

0 0 votes
Tiff
Tiff
4 months ago

Just a word of caution to those attempting to renew annual passes at a guest relations window: There are some circumstances in which they cannot help you. I spent a total of 2 hours and 15 minutes on the phone with the VIPassholder line while on vacation trying to renew my pass because I was told at a guest relations window that they couldn’t help me. Apparently, as with many corporations, if the right person doesn’t get the information distributed to them then you might be out of luck. If at all possible, get your tickets taken care of over… Read more »

Abdul
Abdul
Reply to  Tiff

@Tiff, can you elaborate on your particular situation without getting into any personal info ofcourse. Maybe some of us in a similar situation can benefit from your experience

kes601
kes601
4 months ago

This is not 100% true. We were there right after Christmas. We had cancelled our out of state passes in July right before the closure (opting for the refund instead of extension). They allowed us to purchase new ones — in fact they brought it up before we asked. We had to go to Guest Services upon entry the first day because our tickets didn’t activate properly.

Tom Corless
Admin
Reply to  kes601

Every time we tell someone an exception was made, someone yells at us that we’re wrong, so at this point we’re just providing the official statement so no one is disappointed. You can plead a case and someone might help you, but they also might not.

kes601
kes601
Reply to  Tom Corless

I completely get it, just wanted to mention that we were allowed to do it. The more interesting thing to me was that they brought it up before we asked.

Theo
Theo
4 months ago

At guest relations last week they said “They won’t be selling new APs before they raise capacity beyond 35%”. I said, wow that’s a big non-answer answer.

Theo
Theo
4 months ago

I’m now seeing several news reports posted by local news stations in and around Orlando saying Walt Disney World WILL NOT be selling new annual passes anymore. Is there any confirmation on this? If this is true its completely devastating for me as I moved to Florida in May of 2020 thinking I’d buy my Annual Pass when the parks reopened, all last year I was told new sales are suspended indefinitely, and now I google it and there’s several reports that they are done selling new ones. I guess I’ll move back to PA, thanks Disney.

Kaia
Kaia
Reply to  Theo

I moved here from Maine in July to get annual passes as well. Should have bought them before we moved. I’m devastated

Theo
Theo
Reply to  Kaia

Hi Kaia, I called the Passholder phone number this morning and they said “for now new AP sales are still on hold, and they hope to resume sales in the future.” I tried to press him for more information and just got more vague responses. It’s extremely frustrating how silent they are being on this when you’re like us and made a huge life change to move closer to Walt Disney World only to be told we can’t buy the AP. Yes I get that there’s a pandemic on and the future is uncertain….but I really wish they could give… Read more »

Last edited 4 months ago by Theo
May
May
4 months ago

Forget about the annual pass for now. I mean, Biden’s covid team has recommended a national lockdown of 6 weeks to contain covid. So Disney World will have to shut down again soon, and the annual pass will just be a headache. Better stay away from the annual pass until covid is over and the risk of future lockdowns is gone.

Rachelle
Rachelle
4 months ago

I dropped my annual pass. I don’t want to be in crowds until I’m vaccinated; many of the shops, restaurants and rides are closed or under construction anyway; and the whole point of a FL annual pass to me is being able to decide on a whim to go to the parks which the reservation system makes impossible.

Luke
Luke
4 months ago

Thank you for posting this article as a reminder and not breaking news. So many local news outlets put out the same panicky article this week about how people hoping to become APs are out of luck as if there was a big change for 2021. As you mentioned, nothing has changed since the parks reopened. Some folks seem to get an exception if they recently had passes (as mentioned in another comment), but as far as I know Disney has not issued first-time APs to anyone since before July. The shock reporting is not unlike much of the Disneyland… Read more »

Last edited 4 months ago by Luke