skyliner-2-3

Disney Skyliner Now Boarding Multiple Parties in Each Gondola

Physical distancing is being reduced throughout Walt Disney World and theme park capacity has raised. We’re already seeing more parties being loaded onto one ride vehicle, now multiple parties are sharing a gondola on the Disney Skyliner.

This change effectively raises the Skyliner’s capacity. Cast Members aren’t even asking guests if they’re comfortable riding with another party. With the fast-moving nature of boarding the Disney Skyliner, you’ll need to speak up sooner rather than later if you don’t want to share.

One gondola can fit about 10 guests (fewer if there is a wheelchair or ECV). Rarely will a gondola actually be filled to capacity, however. Gondolas do also have openings so fresh air circulates.

How do you feel about this distancing change? Let us know in the comments.

2.5 2 votes
Craig
Craig
2 months ago

I’ll be asking to ride with only my family.

Reply to  Craig

Fine. Just understand you’re just making the wait and line longer for everyone else. If you’re willing to ride the bus or monorail with other parties, this is no different. In fact, because of the open air circulation of the gondolas, it makes more sense to board these more than one party.

Last edited 2 months ago by Brian Hester
Jamie
Jamie
Reply to  Brian Hester

I’m with you, Craig. Minutes ago I was asked to sit with a family who ripped their masks off as soon as the doors closed

Natasha
Natasha
Reply to  Brian Hester

For me it’s not about catching the Rona it’s about being stuck up in the air with total strangers that could be very strange! There’s no way in hell im going to be trapped in a box up in the air with strangers.

Laura
Laura
Reply to  Brian Hester

The buses were not an option last week from Pop to Epcot or Hollywood. They need more options instead of just the skyliner. Packing more parties on the skyliner isn’t the issue. It’s Disney’s failure to plan properly with increased attendance and not enough staffing.

John
John
2 months ago

This is a step in the right direction.

2 months ago

I’m curious how much this impacts the overflowing queue lines at Caribbean Beach Resort hub both in terms of how long the lines will be now and reduction in wait times. This change makes sense. So long as guest abide by requirements to wear masks while riding, an open air circulated gondola in an increasingly vaccinated world is prudent.

Rachel Farthing
Rachel Farthing
2 months ago

NOOO. I hate this. I would hate it if covid wasn’t even a thing. I think its way to cramped in there and facing each other makes it awkward. I think they will see an increase of people avoiding them because no one wants to take ride with random people that closely.

2 months ago

Do you get to ride the monorail, bus, ferry boats alone? Same thing.

May
May
Reply to  Brian Hester

No, it’s not the same. The gondola is much smaller than the bus or boat. It’s like going to a restaurant with other people eating there, no problem. But eating with other people at the same table? That’s when it’s getting weird.

Reply to  May

Yes, a gondola seats only ten, so of course, it’s smaller than a bus or boat which seats more. But I guarantee you its no more packed than what you experience on a WDW bus pre-pandemic during peak times during peak season. It’s no more weirder than sitting across the aisle from someone on the monorail.

Matt Plunkett
Matt Plunkett
Reply to  May

I completely agree with you May. Good comparison.

Walt
Walt
Reply to  Brian Hester

It’s not the same thing

Happy
Happy
2 months ago

I don’t like the idea of sharing before covid. Who wants to be stuck on it for a half hour with strangers?!! I hope they bring back bussing to Art Pop etc for Hollywood snd Epcot as options.

Paul
Paul
Reply to  Happy

Bussing has been available at Art of Animation for months now.

Reply to  Paul

I don’t understand how bussing is a better alternative if you don’t like to ride half an hour with strangers.

Last edited 2 months ago by Brian Hester
Even happier
Even happier
Reply to  Paul

Good to know we were at pop I’ll walk over I’d rather wait on terra firma than dangle with strangers.

Laura
Laura
Reply to  Paul

Busses were not available from Pop to Epcot or Hollywood last week. It was horrible. The line at night leaving Epcot was backed up past Beach Club. We ended up taking Uber’s everywhere. Disney failed big time.

tommy
tommy
2 months ago

Honestly this is one thing I wish they would not do even in normal circumstances. It’s so uncomfortable squished in there with others, especially in the summer

Reply to  tommy

This system was never designed to give individual parties their own gondola. That’s inefficient. That’s what has created bottlenecks of long lines at the CBR hub.

Let’s be honest. Even if it seats up to ten, chances are a family of four is still riding on their own. What is ridiculous is letting one or two people ride solo.

Sarah Howes
Sarah Howes

Noooooooooo!

May
May
2 months ago

I applaud this decision, even though I wouldn’t be going on the gondola if I thought I would be packed in with strangers. A couple of days ago I walked by Epcot’s Skyliner station at 11 p.m. Epcot had closed at 10 p.m., but the Skyliner line was still so long and huge that it looked like a giant snake, very intimidating. When there are that many people waiting, they really should pack more into each gondola. The rest of the time when there’s no line, there’s no need. Same as the buses, they pack very tightly during busy hours.

Reply to  May

I cannot upvote this enough.

Matt Plunkett
Matt Plunkett
2 months ago

I hate this change. I hated riding with people before covid. It’s so peaceful when you get on your own gondola and get to relax, put your feet up for a few minutes, chit chat with your party about the day, let the kids wander and look around at everything. I strongly dislike having to face directly towards the party across from you, no music to drown out the awkwardness, so youre forced to either: A. Listen to their conversations B. Start your own conversation and ignore them, so now they’re listening to you C. Make small talk with the… Read more »

Pete
Pete
2 months ago

Pretty much a non issue for me. Usually have an ECV rental so we wind up with the ECV car and we get loaded by just our party anyways. :-)

Christina
Christina
2 months ago

We were there right before covid started. Out of all the times we rode the skyliner, we only ever shared a gondola 1time (we were a family of 4). Lines were never long except for coming back from Epcot at closing but even then the line moved quickly. And the time we shared a gondola we made some polite conversation & enjoyed the views. It was totally fine